If you are interested in regional studies and regional sciences and you are not a full-time student, early career researcher (within 5 years of the date on PhD certificate or equivalent), a corporate representative, you can join as an Individual member.
Read what our members say:
"I am a member of the RSA because it offers unrivaled opportunities for networking and exchange of ideas for those interested in regional development issues. The level of academic debate in the RSA journals and at the RSA conferences is high, and the support for new member-driven ventures such as Research Networks on particular topics is a real bonus that helps to develop a vibrant and inclusive environment. And then, of course, issues of practical policy relevance are never far from RSA debates, something that makes the work of the Association relevant far beyond academia."
Professor Henrik Halkier, Aalborg University, Denmark
You can join the RSA by registering here (this link will take you to a different website)
Become a member and benefit from:
- Annual subscription of Regional Studies (both print and online);
- Annual subscription of Spatial Economic Analysis (both print and online);
- Annual subscription of Territory, Politics, Governance, (both print and online);
- Regional Studies, Regional Science (Open access journal, online)
- Annual subscription of Area Development and Policy (both print and online);
- Annual subscription of Regions, the Association's magazine (both print and online- from 2018 online only).
RSA members have also online access to the following 16 subject related journals:
- Entrepreneurship & Regional Development
- International Planning Studies
- Policy Studies
- Planning Practice and Research
- Regional Insights
- Climate and Development
- Eurasian Geography and Economics
- Urban Policy and Research
- Journal of Urbanism: International Research on Placemaking and Urban Sustainability
- Environmental Politics
- Innovation and Development
- East European Politics
- Baltic Journal of Economics
- Development Studies Research
- Urban, Planning and Transport Research
- Apply for research grants:
- Apply for conference bursaries taking the form of a free conference place at RSA conferences;
- Apply for a Travel Grant, which offers up to £500 towards travel costs.
- International Territorial Networks - link up and extend your networks via the RSA's International Divisions, Country Sections and UK-Sub National Branches;
- Search our Expert Register, available through our Members' Lounge;
- Join the RSA email network to receive the monthly e-Bulletin - all entries are moderated;
- Annual President's Event (dinner) - free to attend for members;
- Connect with others in your subject field through in our funded research networks.
- Present your work at our open and friendly conferences/events;
- Get actively involved with your Association - we welcome pro-active membership - to shape the field and to support innovation;
- Win one of a number of prizes awarded each year by the Association and take part in some of the judging;
- Nominate a candidate for the annual RSA Awards;
- Use of the post-nominal MeRSA following your family name;
- Apply to become an RSA Ambassador or Territorial Chair;
- Participate in training sessions as part of RSA conferences to gain skills in publishing and how to increase the impact of your work.
- Obtain discounted rates to RSA conferences;
- Reduced Article Processing Charge (APC) when publishing in the Open Access journal Regional Studies, Regional Science
- 30% discount on books and e-books in the Association's Regions and Cities Series - contact Cara Trevor on 0044 (0) 2070176186/Cara.Trevor@tandf.co.uk and mention your RSA membership;
- 30% discount on all subject related Taylor and Francis Books including Routledge - contact Cara Trevor on 0044 (0) 2070176186/Cara.Trevor@tandf.co.uk and mention your RSA membership;
- 30% discount on all subject related Edward Elgar Publications books;
- 35% discount on selected subject related Wiley books.
- 35% discount on all books from Policy Press at the University of Bristol - please contact the RSA office for your discount code.
|Click here, to find the territorial Band for your country of residence.||BAND A||BAND B||BAND C||BAND D|
Our membership is now based on a rolling basis and is open to all. Online payments by credit or debit cards are made in Sterling but if you would prefer to join over the phone or have any membership queries please contact us on +44 (0)1273 698 017 or e-mail to email@example.com.
You can join the RSA by registering here (this link will take you to a different website).
Country Bands: Please select the country/Band you are currently living in.
Andorra; Australia; Austria; Bahamas; Bahrain; Belgium; Bermuda; Brunei; Darussalam; Canada; Cyprus; Denmark; Finland; France; Germany; Hong Kong, SAR, China; Iceland; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Japan; Korea, Rep.; Kuwait; Liechtenstein; Luxembourg; Macao, SAR, China; Malta; The Netherlands; New Zealand; Norway; Puerto Rico; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Singapore; Slovenia; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Trinidad & Tobago; United Arab Emirates; United Kingdom; United States
Antigua & Barbuda; Argentina; Barbados; Chile; Costa Rica; Croatia; Czech Republic; Equatorial Guinea; Estonia; Greece ; Hungary; Kazakhstan; Latvia; Lithuania; Oman; Palau; Panama; Poland; Portugal; Seychelles; Slovakia; St. Kitts & Nevis; Uruguay; Venezuela
Azerbaijan; Belarus; Botswana; Brazil; Bulgaria; China; Colombia; Cuba; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Gabon; Grenada; Iran, Islamic Reb.; Jamaica; Lebanon; Malaysia; Maldives; Mauritius; Mexico; Montenegro; Peru; Romania; Russia; Serbia; St. Lucia; Suriname; South Africa; Thailand; Turkey; Turkmenistan
Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Armenia; Bangladesh; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia & Herzegovina; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Congo, Dem. Rep.; Congo, Rep.; Cote d’Ivoire; Egypt, Arab Rep.; El Salvador; Ethiopia; Fiji; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iraq; Jordan; Kenya; Kiribati; Kosovo; Kyrgyz Republic; Liberia; Libya; Macedonia, FYR; Madagascar; Malawi; Mali; Moldova; Mongolia; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Paraguay; Philippines; Rwanda; Samoa; Senegal; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia ; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Swaziland; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tonga; Tunisia; Uganda; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Vietnam; West Bank & Gaza; Zambia; Zimbabwe
If your country/territory is not listed, please call us on +44 (0)1273 698 017 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give you a quote. Please note: Data for China does not include Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region of China, Macao, unless otherwise noted.