If you are interested in regional studies and regional sciences and you are not a full-time student, early career researcher (within 5 years of the date on PhD certificate or equivalent) or a corporate representative, you can join as an Individual member.
Read what our members say:
"I am a member of the RSA because it offers unrivaled opportunities for networking and exchange of ideas for those interested in regional development issues. The level of academic debate in the RSA journals and at the RSA conferences is high, and the support for new member-driven ventures such as Research Networks on particular topics is a real bonus that helps to develop a vibrant and inclusive environment. And then, of course, issues of practical policy relevance are never far from RSA debates, something that makes the work of the Association relevant far beyond academia."
Professor Henrik Halkier, Aalborg University, Denmark
You can join the RSA by registering here (this link will take you to a different website)
Become a member and benefit from:
Networking and Community
- Reach a global audience of academics, policymakers and practitioners at RSA conferences and via our publications;
- Connect with others in your subject field via our funded research networks;
- Search our Expert Register, available through our Members' Lounge;
- International Territorial Networks - link up and extend your networks via the RSA’s International Divisions, Country Sections and UK-Sub National Branches & Sections;
- Join the RSA email network to receive our monthly E-Bulletin - all entries are moderated;
- Publish in the RSA blog and share your research/insights with the global RSA community;
- Annual President's Event (high-profile networking and awards dinner) - free to attend for members.
Opportunities & Professional Development
- Present your work and network at our open and interdisciplinary conferences;
- Get actively involved with your Association - we welcome pro-active membership - to shape the field and support innovation;
- Win one of a number of prizes awarded each year by the Association and take part in judging;
- Use of the post-nominal MeRSA or FeRSA following your family name;
- Build a global reputation via RSA article marketing, recognition through RSA awards or our ECR plenary speaker competition etc.;
- Apply to become an RSA Ambassador or Territorial Chair;
- Participate in professional training sessions as part of RSA conferences to gain skills in publishing and learn how to increase the impact of your work.
- Annual subscription of Regional Studies (both print and online);
- Annual subscription of Spatial Economic Analysis (both print and online);
- Annual subscription of Territory, Politics, Governance, (both print and online);
- Regional Studies, Regional Science (Open access journal, online);
- Annual subscription of Area Development and Policy (both print and online);
- Regions, the Association's online e-Zine.
RSA members have also online access to the following 16 subject related journals:
- Entrepreneurship & Regional Development
- International Planning Studies
- Policy Studies
- Planning Practice and Research
- Regional Insights
- Climate and Development
- Eurasian Geography and Economics
- Urban Policy and Research
- Journal of Urbanism: International Research on Placemaking and Urban Sustainability
- Environmental Politics
- Innovation and Development
- East European Politics
- Baltic Journal of Economics
- Development Studies Research
- Urban, Planning and Transport Research
- Apply for research grants:
- up to £5,000 for a Membership Research Grant;
- up to £15,000 for a Policy Expo Grant;
- up to £10,000 for renewable Research Network funding to organise events to discuss key questions in your area of interest;
- up to £7,500 for a Fellowship Research Grant;
- Apply for conference bursaries taking the form of a free conference place at RSA conferences;
- Apply for a Travel Grant, which offers up to £500 towards travel costs.
- Obtain discounted rates to RSA conferences;
- Reduced Article Processing Charge (APC) when publishing in the Open Access journal Regional Studies, Regional Science;
- 30% discount on books and e-books in the Association's Regions and Cities Series;
- 30% discount on all subject related Taylor and Francis Books including Routledge;
- 30% discount on all subject related Edward Elgar Publications books;
- 35% discount on selected subject related Wiley books;
- 35% discount on all books from Policy Press at the University of Bristol.
|Click here, to find the territorial Band for your country of residence.||BAND A||BAND B||BAND C||BAND D|
Our membership is now based on a rolling basis and is open to all. Those renewing their membership are eligible for a 10% discounted rate. Online payments by credit or debit cards are made in Sterling but if you would prefer to join over the phone or if you have any membership queries please contact us on +44 (0)1273 698 017 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can join the RSA by registering here (this link will take you to a different website).
Country Bands: Please select the Country/Band you are currently living in.
Andorra; Australia; Austria; Bahamas; Bahrain; Belgium; Bermuda; Brunei; Darussalam; Canada; Cyprus; Denmark; Finland; France; Germany; Hong Kong, SAR, China; Iceland; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Japan; Korea, Rep.; Kuwait; Liechtenstein; Luxembourg; Macao, SAR, China; Malta; The Netherlands; New Zealand; Norway; Puerto Rico; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Singapore; Slovenia; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Trinidad & Tobago; United Arab Emirates; United Kingdom; United States
Antigua & Barbuda; Argentina; Barbados; Chile; Costa Rica; Croatia; Czech Republic; Equatorial Guinea; Estonia; Greece ; Hungary; Kazakhstan; Latvia; Lithuania; Oman; Palau; Panama; Poland; Portugal; Seychelles; Slovakia; St. Kitts & Nevis; Uruguay; Venezuela
Azerbaijan; Belarus; Botswana; Brazil; Bulgaria; China; Colombia; Cuba; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Gabon; Grenada; Iran, Islamic Reb.; Jamaica; Lebanon; Malaysia; Maldives; Mauritius; Mexico; Montenegro; Peru; Romania; Russia; Serbia; St. Lucia; Suriname; South Africa; Thailand; Turkey; Turkmenistan
Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Armenia; Bangladesh; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia & Herzegovina; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Congo, Dem. Rep.; Congo, Rep.; Cote d’Ivoire; Egypt, Arab Rep.; El Salvador; Ethiopia; Fiji; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iraq; Jordan; Kenya; Kiribati; Kosovo; Kyrgyz Republic; Liberia; Libya; Macedonia, FYR; Madagascar; Malawi; Mali; Moldova; Mongolia; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Paraguay; Philippines; Rwanda; Samoa; Senegal; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia ; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Swaziland; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tonga; Tunisia; Uganda; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Vietnam; West Bank & Gaza; Zambia; Zimbabwe
If your country/territory is not listed, please call us on +44 (0)1273 698 017 or email to email@example.com and we will give you a quote. Please note: Data for China does not include Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region of China, Macao, unless otherwise noted.