Networking & Community
- Access and network via our Territorial Networks of International Divisions, Country Sections, and UK Sub-National Branches.
- Browse the expert register (available through our members’ lounge).
- Stay up to date with our monthly e-Bulletin.
- Attend the Annual President’s Event (high-profile networking and awards dinner) – free to attend for members.
- Up to five employees can benefit from a reduced corporate membership conference rate.
Opportunities & Development
- Present your work, network and gain latest knowledge at our informative and friendly conferences/events (at the reduced corporate membership rate).
- Access our Regions, Cities and Industry webinars
- Access our Professional Development webinars
- Get actively involved with your Association to shape the field and encourage innovation.
- Build a global reputation via RSA article marketing, recognition through RSA awards, ECR plenary speaker competition etc.
- Grow your centre’s / organisation’s brand: Access knowledge networks, policy-makers and experts in the field, present your work to global audiences etc.
- Become eligible for one of our annual awards and take part in some of the judging.
- Promote your vacancies, courses and trainings on the RSA’s opportunities pages.
- Nominate a candidate for the annual RSA awards.
- Apply to become an RSA ambassador or territorial chair.
- Participate in training sessions at RSA conferences.
- Annual subscription of Regional Studies (both print and online).
- Annual subscription of Spatial Economic Analysis (both print and online).
- Annual subscription of Territory, Politics, Governance, (both print and online).
- Annual subscription of Area Development and Policy (both print and online).
- Regional Studies, Regional Science (Open access journal, online).
- Regions eZine, our members’ e-magazine (online only).
- Access the fully searchable journals’ archive from Volume 1
- Online access to 19 subject related journals.
- Policy Expo publications (both online and hard copy)
We are a corporate member of the RSA because it brings us into contact with a range of high quality thinking about how urban forms work or could work and how public policy can most effectively act in terms of economic geography. It helps us think about cities in new and creative ways that enhance our ability to form evidence based strategy and work effectively to implement it.
- Research network funding: apply for a renewable grant of up to £10,000 to form a research network to examine an issue of interest.
- Apply for a travel grant: which offers up to £500 towards travel costs when attending a non-RSA event.
- Conference bursaries: Apply for free entry to our conferences.
- Discounted rates for up to 5 employees from your organisation for RSA conferences.
- Reduced article processing charge (APC) when publishing in our open access journal (Regional Studies, Regional Science).
- 30% discount on books and e-books in the association’s ‘Regions and Cities’ series.
- 30% discount on all subject related Taylor and Francis books including Routledge.
- 30% discount on all subject related Edward Elgar publications books.
- 35% discount on selected subject related Wiley books.
- 35% discount on all books from Policy Press.
Find your band
If you are representing a library please contact Jon Manley (Publisher, Routledge Journals, Taylor & Francis) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44(0)20 70176387 to discuss publication subscription rates.
Join the RSA
Membership fees are for one year on a rolling basis (this means your membership will expire a full year from when you join). Membership is open to all.
Those renewing their membership are eligible for a 10% discounted rate. The current rates will remain unchanged for 2021.
Online payments by credit or debit cards are made in Sterling and we can provide an invoice for bank transfer payments.
If you have any membership queries please contact us on +44 (0)1273 698 017 or e-mail email@example.com.Get Started Now