Networking and Community
- Reach a global audience of academics, policymakers and practitioners at RSA conferences and via our publications.
- Connect with others in your subject field via our funded research networks Search our Expert Register, available through our Members’ Lounge.
- International Territorial Networks – link up and extend your networks via the RSA’s International Divisions, Country Sections and UK-Sub National Branches & Sections.
- Join the RSA email network to receive our monthly E-Bulletin – all entries are moderated.
- Publish in the RSA blog and share your research/insights with the global RSA community.
- Annual President’s Event (high-profile networking and awards dinner) – free to attend for members.
- Up to £5,000 for a Membership Research Grant
- Up to £15,000 for a Policy Expo Grant
- Network funding to organise events to discuss key questions in your area of interest
- Up to £7,500 for a Fellowship Research Grant
- Apply for conference bursaries taking the form of a free conference place at RSA conferences
- Apply for a Travel Grant, which offers up to £500 towards travel costs
- Annual subscription of Regional Studies (both print and online).
- Annual subscription of Spatial Economic Analysis (both print and online).
- Annual subscription of Territory, Politics, Governance, (both print and online)
- Regional Studies, Regional Science (Open access journal, online).
- Annual subscription of Area Development and Policy (both print and online).
- Regions eZine, the Association’s e-magazine (online only).
- Access to 19 subject-related e-journals
I am a member of the RSA because it offers unrivaled opportunities for networking and exchange of ideas for those interested in regional development issues. The level of academic debate in the RSA journals and at the RSA conferences is high, and the support for new member-driven ventures such as Research Networks on particular topics is a real bonus that helps to develop a vibrant and inclusive environment. And then, of course, issues of practical policy relevance are never far from RSA debates, something that makes the work of the Association relevant far beyond academia.
Opportunities & Development
- Present your work and network at our open and interdisciplinary conferences.
- Get actively involved with your Association – we welcome pro-active membership – to shape the field and support innovation.
- Win one of a number of prizes awarded each year by the Association and take part in judging.
- Use of the post-nominal MeRSA or FeRSA following your family name.
- Build a global reputation via RSA article marketing, recognition through RSA awards or our ECR plenary speaker competition etc.
- Apply to become an RSA Ambassador or Territorial Chair.
- Participate in professional training sessions as part of RSA conferences to gain skills in publishing and learn how to increase the impact of your work.
- Obtain discounted rates to RSA conferences
- Reduced Article Processing Charge (APC) when publishing in the Open Access journal Regional Studies, Regional Science
- 30% discount on books and e-books in the Association’s Regions and Cities Series; 30% discount on all subject related Taylor and Francis Books including Routledge
- 30% discount on all subject related Edward Elgar Publications books
- 35% discount on selected subject related Wiley books
- 35% discount on all books from Policy Press at the University of Bristol
Find your band
Membership fees are for one year on a rolling basis (this means your membership will expire a full year from when you join). Membership is open to all. Those renewing their membership are eligible for a 10% discounted rate. Online payments by credit or debit cards are made in Sterling but if you would prefer to join over the phone or if you have any membership queries please contact us on +44 (0)1273 698 017 or e-mail email@example.com.Register here