Networking and Community
- Access on demand presentations by acclaimed experts in the field via the RSA Webinar Series such as the Regions, Cities and Industry webinars
- Connect with others via RSA funded research networks, search the Expert Register and network via the RSA’s Engagement and Events App (RSA Hub)
- Access our Professional Development webinars on demand
- Link up and extend your networks via the RSA’s International Divisions, Country Sections Ambassadors and UK Sub-National Branches
- Join the RSA email list to receive our monthly E-Bulletin for latest RSA initiatives and support – all entries are moderated
- Publish in the RSA Blog and share your research/insights with the global RSA community
- Reach a global audience of academics, policymakers and practitioners at RSA conferences, online events and via our publications
- *Up to £4,000 Small Grant Scheme on Pandemics, Cities, Regions & Industry
- *Up to £7,500 Fellowship Research grant (FeRSA)
- *Up to £10,000 of renewable research network funding to bring people together to discuss key questions in your area of interest
- *Up to £15,000 for a Policy Expo grant to connect your work and wider communities to societal questions and policy needs
- Up to £500 with a Travel Grant towards travel costs when attending a non-RSA event**
- Apply for conference bursaries taking the form of a free conference place at RSA conferences.
- Annual subscription of Regional Studies (12 issues)
- Annual subscription of Spatial Economic Analysis (4 issues)
- Annual subscription of Territory, Politics, Governance, (5 issues)
- Regional Studies, Regional Science (Open access journal, online)
- Annual subscription of Area Development and Policy (4 issues, 1 volume)
- Regions eZine, the Association’s e-magazine (online only)
- Access to 23 subject-related e-journals
- Policy Impact books (online and hard copy)
* Please note that the researcher needs to be employed through the HEI for insurance and ethics reasons during the whole period of grant funding. It is the responsibility of the HEI to ensure that the research is organised and undertaken within a framework of best practice that recognises the various factors, including rigour, respect and responsibility, that may influence or impact on a research project.
It is splendid to have the RSA and its work as a constant light-house in a constantly changing sea. What is most valuable is the constant effort of international members to address practical problems and government authorities in their respective countries.
Opportunities & Development
- Present your work and network at our open and friendly conferences
- Get actively involved with your Association – we welcome pro-active membership – to shape the field and support innovation
- Win one of a number of prizes awarded each year by the Association and take part in some of the judging
- Nominate a candidate for the Annual RSA awards
- Use of the post-nominal MeRSA or FeRSA following your family name
- Apply to become an RSA Ambassador or Territorial Chair
- 20% discount off Article Processing Charge (APC) when publishing in the Open Access journal Regional Studies, Regional Science for RSA members (who should be members at the point of submission and acceptance of an article. Please email us at email@example.com for the discount code)
- Obtain discounted members’ rates to RSA conferences
- 20% discount off Article Processing Charge (APC) when publishing in the Open Access journal Regional Studies, Regional Science for RSA members (who should be members at the point of submission and acceptance of an article)
- 30% discount on books and e-books in the Association’s Regions and Cities Series
- 30% discount on all subject-related Taylor and Francis Books including Routledge
- 30% discount on all subject-related Edward Elgar Publications books
- 35% discount on selected subject-related Wiley books
- 35% discount on all books from Policy Press at the University of Bristol
Find your band
Join the RSA
Membership fees are for one year on a rolling basis (this means your membership will expire a full year from when you join). Membership is open to all.
Country band is determined by place of residence (not place of origin).
Those renewing their membership are eligible for a 10% discounted rate. You have the option to pay for multiple years in advance, taking advantage of the 10% discount and this year’s fee for several years. Please email Alex if this is something you wish to arrange, or if you wish to pay via Direct Debit.
Online payments by credit or debit cards are made in Sterling and we can provide an invoice for bank transfer payments.
If you have any membership queries please contact us on +44 (0)1273 698 017 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.Get Started Now