Networking and Community
- Access our Regions, Cities and Industry webinars
- Reach a global audience of academics, policymakers and practitioners at RSA conferences and via our publications.
- Access our Professional Development webinars
- International territorial networks: extend your networks via the RSA’s international divisions, country sections and UK-sub national branches.
- Search our expert register, available through our members’ lounge.
- Join the RSA email network to receive the monthly E-Bulletin: All entries are moderated.
- Publish on or stay updated with the RSA blog.
- Annual president’s event (high profile networking and awards dinner) – free to attend for members.
- *Apply for research funding
- *Apply for a Small Grant Scheme on Pandemics, Cities, Regions & Industry
- *Up to £7,500 for a Fellowship Research grant.
- *Up to £10,000 of renewable research network funding to bring people together to discuss key questions in your area of interest.
- *Up to £15,000 for a Policy Expo grant.
- *Apply for a Travel Grant, which offers up to £500 towards travel costs.
- Apply for conference bursaries taking the form of a free conference place at RSA conferences.
- * Please note that the researcher needs to be employed through the HEI for insurance and ethics reasons during the whole period of grant funding. It is the responsibility of the HEI to ensure that the research is organised and undertaken within a framework of best practice that recognises the various factors, including rigour, respect and responsibility, that may influence or impact on a research project.
- Annual subscription of ‘Regional Studies’ (both print and online).
- Annual subscription of ‘Spatial Economic Analysis’ (both print and online).
- Annual subscription of ‘Territory, Politics, Governance’ (both print and online).
- Access to ‘Regional Studies, Regional Science’ (Open access journal, online).
- Annual subscription of ‘Area Development and Policy’ (both print and online).
- Regions eZine, the Association’s magazine (online only).
- Access to 19 subject-related e-journals
- Policy Expo publications (both online and hard copy)
Opportunities & Development
- Present your work and network at our open and friendly conferences.
- Get actively involved with your Association – we welcome pro-active membership – to shape the field and support innovation.
- Win one of a number of prizes awarded each year by the Association and take part in some of the judging.
- Nominate a candidate for the Annual RSA awards.
- Use of the post-nominal MeRSA or FeRSA following your family name.
- Apply to become an RSA Ambassador or Territorial Chair.
- Obtain discounted rates to RSA conferences.
- Reduced article processing charge (APC) when publishing in the open access journal ‘Regional Studies, Regional Science’.
- 30% discount on books and e-books in the association’s ‘Regions and Cities’ series.
- 30% discount on all subject related Taylor and Francis books including Routledge.
- 30% discount on all subject related Edward Elgar Publications books.
- 35% discount on selected subject related Wiley books.
- 35% discount on all books from ‘Policy Press’ at the University of Bristol.
Find your band
If your country/territory is not listed, please call us on +44 (0)1273 698 017 or email to email@example.com and we will give you a quote.
Please note: Data for China does not include Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region of China, Macao, unless otherwise noted.
Join the RSA
Membership fees are for one year on a rolling basis (this means your membership will expire a full year from when you join). Membership is open to all. Those renewing their membership are eligible for a 10% discounted rate. Online payments by credit or debit cards are made in Sterling but if you would prefer to join over the phone or have any membership queries please contact us on +44 (0)1273 698 017 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.Get Started Now