We’d love to say thank you very much for being part of the Regional Studies Association Community during the past year.
Every day of each year we are proud to support you with latest research, funding schemes, networking and publishing opportunities and spaces to grow your research, careers and influence. And 2018 has been no different.
Here’s a round-up of some of our joint achievements during 2018…
Policy Expos | Research Networks | Early Career Grants | Membership Grants (MeRSA) | Fellowship Grants (FeRSA) | PhD Project
In addition, we also funded:
- 4 Travel Grants
- 34 Conference Bursaries and Awards
- 8 Article processing charges for articles in the student and early career mentored section of Regional Studies, Regional Science (open access journal)
- Early Career Plenary Speakers Competition
- Fully funded inaugural networking event for female researchers in regional studies and science
- Training sessions for Students and Early Career Researchers at the 2018 Annual Conference
- Our 2018 Students and Early Career Researcher Conference focusing on strategies for networking, publishing and funding
- RSA Europe sponsored and delivered its first Summer College
- A free conference on Smart Specialisation
- The high profile EWRC Master Class on EU Cohesion Policy
- We delivered and supported major events in Switzerland, China, Russia, Italy, Spain, Germany, the USA, Colombia, Chile, Belgium and the UK.
- We further established the RSA’s European Foundation RSA Europe
- We worked with key partners at
- EU level (DG Regional Policy, Committee of the Regions, EU Commission’s Joint Research Centre),
- National level (regiosuisse),
- Regional level (Government Council of the Republic and Canton of Ticino).
To find out more about our international conferences and events see www.regionalstudies.org/conferences-events. If you are interested in working with us on an event contact Daniela at email@example.com
(36% increase compared to 2017)
- 24 journal issues containing 231 articles
- 28 RSA Blog articles
- 11 Books in the Regions and Cities’ Book Series
We revamped the Regions Magazine which is now published freely accessible online as Regions e-Zine.
The RSA’s five journals have gone from strength to strength with the highest ever Impact Factor for Regional Studies (3,147), the first time Impact Factor for Territory, Governance, Politics (2.023) and our youngest journal Area Development and Policy being included in the Emerging Sources Citation Index and Scopus.
And we also had lots of fun……
And we will leave you with the memories of our Annual Conference 2018 – and hope that you can make to Santiago de Compostela in 2019