Date and time
Organised by the RSA Research Network Sustainability Transitions in the Coastal Zone
The research network aims to bring together scholars focused on—or interested in— the dynamics of coastal zones as economic spaces in order to catalyse a discourse on new coastal economies, addressing problems of lock-in and system inertia in the current regime and exploring means to foster radical innovation for sustainable and resilience based coastal development all while making sure the spatial dimension and the regional context are fully conceptualized.
Applying the transitions concepts of regime transformation and niche-innovation, ‘the case for change’ will be made, drawing on ongoing dialogues from the Sustainability Transitions in the Coastal Zone research network and new insights to identify transformation pathways for coastal regions. A regionally informed understanding of place and space will direct debate to consider problems of uneven transition, and risks of ‘negative transitions’, whereby existing contours of uneven development are exacerbated by transition initiatives.
Location: Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick, Ireland
- Friday 12th April: Book Launch Heidkamp, C. (Ed.), Morrissey, J. (Ed.). (2019). Towards Coastal Resilience and Sustainability. London, Routledge*
- Saturday 13th April: Workshop Day 1, presentations & networking
- Sunday 14th: Fieldtrip and Conference Dinner
- Monday 15th: Workshop Day 2: Break-out groups, discussion
- Tuesday 16th: Wrap-Up Sessions
- Friday 22nd Feb: Register Intention to Attend (email firstname.lastname@example.org) (€30 full registration fee – an early bird rate applies prior to 8th Feb)
- Friday 22nd Feb: Deadline for Student Bursary Applications**
- Friday 1st March: Submit short bio (100 words) and abstract (200 words)
**Limited Student Bursaries are available. To apply, please forward a 400 word abstract of your research and 200 word justification for bursary award (presented in bullet points) to Prof. Patrick Heidkamp @ email@example.com