Date and location
- October 7, 2019 - October 10, 2019
- Brussels, Belgium
As in previous years the RSA is taking a lead in partnering with the European Commission and European Committee of the Regions in organising the #EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY sessions and a Master Class on EU Cohesion Policy held for PhD students and early-career researchers as part of the #EURegionsWeek.
The European Week of Regions and Cities #EURegionsWeek is an annual four-day event during which cities and regions showcase their capacity to create growth and jobs, implement European Union Cohesion Policy, and demonstrate the importance of the local and regional levels for good European governance. The event is the key European networking platform for experts in regional and local development. The week involves 6,000 participants in October (local, regional, national and European decision-makers and experts) in more than 100 workshops and exhibitions. The event offers excellent networking opportunities. It is held in Brussels on 7th-10th October 2019. More info: https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/home_en
The University Sessions are organised by the European Commission, DG for Regional and Urban Policy, DG Employ and the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) advised by the Regional Studies Association European Foundation (RSA Europe) and with the cooperation of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) and the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP).
In 2019, we are proud to be organising 10 #EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY SESSIONS (see the list below for more details). This is the highest ever number of UNIVERSITY SESSIONS since the launch of the European Week of Regions and Cities in 2003.
#EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY SESSIONS:
- Circular Economy Transitions in European Regions and Cities Tue 8, October 2019; 16:30 – 19:00
- Citizen Entrepreneurship: Towards involvement, inclusion and integration of citizens in entrepreneurial Europe Wed 9, October 2019; 14:30 – 16:00
- Co-creation of Public Services: Challenges and Opportunities in Theory and Practice Tue 8, October 2019; 14:30 – 16:00
- Global Talents, Immigration Policy and Regional Innovation Wed 9, October 2019; 11:30 – 13:00
- Maximising the Contribution of Universities to Regional Innovation – Lessons and Toolkits for Policymaking Thu 10, October 2019; 11:30 – 13:00
- Shrinking Rural Regions and Spatial Justice Tue 8, October 2019; 11:30 – 13:00
- Territorialising EU Cohesion Policy to bring it closer to citizens Tue 8, October 2019; 09:15 – 10:45
- The importance of networks in regional economic smart specialization policies Wed 9, October 2019; 16:30 – 19:00
- The regional socio-economic impact of the 4th industrial revolution Thu 10, October 2019; 09:15 – 10:45
- Transforming cities into arenas for healthy ageing Wed 9, October 2019; 09:15 – 10:45
How to sign up? The #EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY SESSIONS are free to attend but as places are limited, we recommend signing up as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. To register, go to https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/programme/sessions_en and filter by keyword “#EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY“, then click on the session title and read the detailed description. If you are interested sign in with/create your EU Login account and click on “Add session” button. Do not forget register for sessions before registration closes on Friday 27 September!
If you have any questions or need further clarification, please just get in touch with Klara Sobekova at firstname.lastname@example.org.