We are committed to support students and early career researchers and following below are some of the many initiatives that we offer to help grow students and early career researchers’ careers, influence and research. For more details please click here.
Research funding, support and awards
RSA Early Career Research Grant Schemes
- Application deadline: 28th May 2019
- Grant value: up to £10,000 (c. €11500; US$12,000)
- For more details see www.regionalstudies.org/funding/page/early-career-grant-scheme
RSA Travel Grant
- Applications deadlines: 30th November 2018; 28th February, 31st May, 13th September, 29th November 2019
- Grant value: up to £500 (c. €570; US$600)
- For more details see www.regionalstudies.org/funding/page/rsa-travel-grant
- Application deadline: April 2019
- For more details on the RSA Awards see https://regionalstudies.org/rsa-awards/awards-2019/
- Nathaniel Lichfield/ Recent Master Student Award: Applicants need to have graduated with a master`s degree in regional studies and related fields in 2016.
- PhD Student Award: Applicants need to be registered PhD students who have not yet received their PhD certificate.
- Routledge Early Career Award: Applicants need to be early career researchers within five years of the date on their PhD certificate or equivalent.
Networking and career development
RSA Early Career Plenary Speaker Competitions:
- 2019 Annual Conference – More details at https://bit.ly/2KxHufo
- 2019 Central and Eastern Europe Conference – More details at https://bit.ly/2TJ4hsJ
- 2019 North America Conference – More details at https://bit.ly/2DXOv8C
- 2019 Winter Conference – More details will be available in due course at www.regionalstudies.org/conferences-events/
RSA Annual Conference 2019 Pushing Regions beyond their Borders
- 5th – 7th June 2019, University de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 28th February 2019
- For more details, please go to: www.regionalstudies.org/events/pushing-regions-beyond-their-borders/
2nd Networking Workshop for Early and Mid-Career Women in Regional Studies and Regional Science
- 8th June 2019, University de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- More details will be available at www.regionalstudies.org/conferences-events/ in due course.
RSA Student & Early Career Conference 2019 Designing Research for Impact: Shaping and Influencing Regional Policy
- 30th October – 1st November, University of Lincoln, UK
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 10th September 2019
- For more details, please go to: www.regionalstudies.org/events/designing-research-for-impact-shaping-and-influencing-regional-policy/
- Regional Studies, Regional Science Student and Early Career Mentored Paper Section
- Submission deadlines: 31st March 2019, 31st July 2019, 30th November 2019
Our open access journal Regional Studies, Regional Science features a section which specifically focuses on publishing short articles from students and early career researchers to make their research accessible to a wider audience. Articles in this section will have a regional/urban focus and will succinctly present the research questions and results whether preliminary or final. The editors of the Early Career Papers section are seeking submissions of paper proposals for short articles (max. 3,000 words). For more details see https://explore.tandfonline.com/cfp/pgas/rsrs-early-career-papers
RSA members benefit from reduced conference fees, free events in addition to publications (hard copies and/or online access), research funding and awards, open networks and collaborations, an expert register and discounted publications. To see the full list of benefits, go to:
- Student membership www.regionalstudies.org/membership/page/student-membership
- Early career membership www.regionalstudies.org/membership/page/early-career-membership
- To join the RSA, go to https://members.regionalstudies.org/lounge or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org