Every year, we recognise academic excellence in regional studies and related fields. This underscores our commitment to developing capacity, advancing quality and methodological originality within the field of regional research.
Nominations (both self-nominations and third party nominations) of current members are being sought for the following awards:
- Nathaniel Lichfield Award – this award is for recent Master’s graduate who have graduated within the previous year;
- RSA PhD Student Award – this award is for registered PhD students who have not yet received their certificate;
- RSA Routledge Early Career Award – this award is for early career researchers defined as being within five years of the date on their PhD certificate or equivalent.
The nominees are expected to have made an original and outstanding contribution to the field of regional studies. To be eligible for nomination, the recipient should be clearly identified as having made a leading personal contribution. Find out more about the RSA Awards Winners 2018 by clicking here.
The Awards ceremony will take place at the President’s Event on 14th November 2019 in London, UK. The prize for each Award is:
- A cheque for £500;
- A certificate;
- A complimentary registration at the 2019 RSA President’s Event;
- Up to £200 discretionary fund toward attending the 2019 RSA President’s Event (transport costs).
The 2019 competition is now open and will close April 30, 2019.
You can download the application forms here: https://regionalstudies.org/rsa-awards/awards-2019/
The photos from the President’s Event 2018 are available to view on Flickr and you can access them by clicking here.