Following on from its great success and continuing popularity, the RSA Professional Development Webinar Series resumes on 2nd September, after a short summer break in August.
We are again offering (almost) weekly webinars on timely topics for researchers at different career stages. All webinars are free and open to attend for all. A recording of each session will be made available on the RSA Members’ Lounge: https://bit.ly/rsawebarch (Tab Community –> RSA Events on Demand).
- 02.09.2020: Writing Skills: Writing your first academic article
- 09.09.2020: Grants and Funding: Grant award success – tips for your next application
- 16.09.2020: Career Development: Career paths outside academia
- 23.09.2020: Career Development: How to win in job interviews
- 21.10.2020: Virtual Events: Conquering the worldwide webinar: How to plan and deliver a webinar
- 04.11.2020: Networking: Using social media to develop your research networks
- 02.12.2020: Grants and Funding: Grant funding and open access requirements
- 09.12.2020: Career Development: Write a winning academic CV
You can find out more and register for all forthcoming Professional Development Webinars here.
Read what participants say about previous webinars in this series:
Dr Nicola Palmer, Sheffield Hallam University, UK – via Twitter
Congratulations for this webinar series @ @ @ ! It is much appreciated that experienced researchers share their views and tips about key aspects in #. Great presenter and chair for today’s edition! # #
Dr Cinta Sanz-Ibáñez, Rovira i Virgili University, Spain – via Twitter
I’ve found the RSA Professional Development webinars a real motivation while working at home through Covid. Being part of a wider research community and hearing how other people have overcome difficulties with finding time and motivation for writing has been invaluable. I’m now looking forward to the writing workshops and meeting people in person at conference next year.
Dr Vicky Nowak, Lecturer, Business School, Manchester Metropolitan University
This webinar series offers training and support for skills, knowledge and professional development on a variety of topics. Run by experts in their field, this ‘how to’ best practice webinar series aims to support RSA members and interested participants at different career stages. Each webinar will be 30 minutes long, feature one or two presenters and allow for live questions and answers. We will run a webinar three times per month on topics of interest members have told us they would like support on.