This chapter sampler is aimed at advanced undergraduates, postgraduates, academic researchers, as well as practitioners and policy makers interested in regional development, economic geography, sustainability studies, political science, political economy, and urban development. To tie in with the RSA Winter conference theme 2018 ‘New Horizons for Cities and Regions in a Changing World’ we have put together this FREE chapter sampler which includes extracts from the following books in the RSA book series, Regions and Cities. Find out more here.
- Smart Transitions in City Regionalism by Tassilo Herrschel and Yonn Dierwechter – Chapter 4: Going for ‘smartness’: reframing city-regionalism
- Europe’s Changing Geography edited by Nicola Bellini and Ulrich Hilpert – Chapter 2: European macro-regions as a new dimension of European geography: Networks of collaboration in the light of culture, history and language capabilities by Alexander Nagler
- Regional Worlds edited by Martin Jones and Anssi Paasi – 7: Configuring the new ‘Regional World’: On being caught between territory and networks by John Harrison
- Evolutionary Economic Geography edited by Dieter Kogler – Chapter 9: Path renewal in old industrial regions: Possibilities and limitations for regional innovation policy by Lars Coenen, Jerker Moodysson and Hanna Martin
- In The Post-Urban World edited by Tigran Haas and Hans Westlund- Chapter 10: The future of public spaces in the dawn on rapid urban growth by Kyle Farrell and Tigran Haas
- In The Post-Urban World edited by Tigran Haas and Hans Westlund – Chapter 21: Sharing cities for a smart and sustainable future by Duncan McLaren and Julian Agyeman
- Cities in Crisis edited by Jörg Knieling and Frank Othengrafen – Chapter 17: Learning from each other: Planning sustainable, future-oriented, and adaptive cities and regions by Jörg Knieling, Frank Othengrafen and Galya Vladova
Routledge Benefits for RSA Members – Don’t forget your 30% discount!
Did you know that as a Regional Studies Association member you’re entitled to a 30% discount on all Routledge books? To order simply email Emilia Falcone ( Emilia.email@example.com), or phone on +44 (0) 207 017 6364 and declare your RSA membership.