We would like to take this opportunity to send you all our sincere thanks for your support and engagement twith us over the course of this year. As 2018 draws to a close, here are some significant dates for your new 2019 diaries:
2019 Conferences and Events:
If you are looking to present your research in a stimulating, friendly environment, please look below to find something that fits the bill:
- Urban and Rural Wellbeing, First Nations Economies and Global Value Chains for Regional Sustainability 11th-13th February 2019, Christchurch, Aotearoa New Zealand
- Pushing Regions Beyond their Borders 5th-7th June 2019, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Abstract submission deadline: 28th February 2019
- RSA Europe’s Socio-Spatial Dynamics Summer College 3rd-6th September 2019, Cagliari, Italy
Abstract submission deadline: More information available shortly
- Metropolises and Peripheries of CEE Countries: New Challenges for EU, National and Regional Policies 11th-13th September 2019, Lublin, Poland
Abstract submission deadline: 21st May 2019
- The Call of the New: Unpacking Innovation, its Spatiality, its Benefits and its Costs 25th-27th September 2019, Montréal, Canada
Abstract submission deadline: 16th April 2019
- Designing Research for Impact: Shaping and Influencing Regional Policy 30th October – 1st November 2019, Lincoln, UK
Abstract submission deadline: 10th September 2019
- RSA Annual President’s Event 2019 14th November 2019, London, UK
This event is free for RSA members!
- RSA Winter Conference 2019 14th-15th November 2019, London, UK
Abstract submission deadline: more information to follow shortly
2019 Grant Schemes and Awards’ deadlines:
These opportunities provide members with the chance to apply for financial help to support their work, run networking events, receive awards for excellence, help towards the costs of travel to attend non-RSA events, and present their work to international audiences. We hope that you will have a look through these opportunities – for a summary, please see Funding and Awards 2019 and if you have any questions or need further clarification, please just get in touch with Klara Sobekova.
- RSA Policy Expo Grant Scheme – Deadline for the application: 12th June 2019. Applications are invited on the following themes:
- Infrastructure connectivity
- Austerity urbanism and inclusive growth
- Sustainable energy
- RSA Membership Research Grant Scheme – Deadline: 15th May 2019
- RSA Fellowship Research Grant Scheme – Deadline: 15th May 2019
- RSA Early Career Grant Scheme – Deadline: 28th May 2019
- RSA Research Network Grant Scheme – Deadline: 27th September 2019
- RSA Travel Grant – Multiple deadlines: 28th February 2019, 31st May 2019, 13th September 2019, 29th November 2019
We hope you will make use of these opportunities to start, continue or disseminate your research across a wide and varied network of academics, policy makers and practitioners. We are very much looking forward to working with you in 2019, but in the meantime, we wish you all the very best for the New Year.
With best wishes & seasons greetings from all of us at the RSA office!