Call for an Editor for TERRITORY, POLITICS, GOVERNANCE
The Regional Studies Association seeks to appoint an Editor to the journal, Territory, Politics, Governance. The successful candidate will join the existing team of Co-Editors in managing the peer review of general submissions in their area of expertise, enhancing the journal’s reputation as a world-leading publication in the field of regional studies, and ensuring that it is in a position to attract the best authors and papers for its readership.
As an interdisciplinary journal, applications from candidates in the fields of political science, geography, sociology, anthropology and law are all welcome. However, expertise on Latin America and in the fields of sociology, anthropology and law are particularly desirable.
Territory, Politics, Governance
Territory, Politics, Governance is an interdisciplinary journal from the Regional Studies Association. It is committed to the development of theory and research in territorial politics and the governance of space. This journal creates a platform on which to explore the interface between territory, politics, economy, identity and the organisation of political space. It confronts topical and emergent issues of world economic and political concern. The journal publishes original, high quality international scholarship from this growing, international and increasingly vibrant field directed at a worldwide academic audience and at policy makers, activists and other communities of practice.
The following examples illustrate some of the subjects of interest:
- Links between territories and politics across time and space
- Globalization and geopolitical imaginations
- Territorial identities and politics
- Theories of socio-spatial relations such as territories, places, scales, and networks
- Territory, planning, and development
- Multi-level governance, federalism, and supranational organizations
- Territories of resistance
- Spaces of postcolonial governance
The journal is indexed in Clarivate Analytics’ Social Sciences Citation Index and Scopus and has a significant circulation footprint as it is distributed with its sister journals, Regional Studies, Spatial Economic Analysis, Area Development and Policy and Finance and Space. Learn more about the journal metrics here.
The journal benefits from professional editorial support. The journal is sent to all categories of Regional Studies Association members and is sold to a large subscriber base by the Publisher, Routledge. The journal is available singly to subscribers or as part of a pack with other RSA journals including Regional Studies, Spatial Economic Analysis, Area Development and Policy and Finance and Space. The Association also publishes Regional Studies, Regional Science which is a gold open access journal.
Responding to the Call for Expressions of Interest
In making expressions of interest candidates are invited to submit:
- A brief editorial manifesto outlining their intentions for the safeguarding and further development of the academic excellence, relevance and scope of Territory, Politics, Governance;
- An indication of host institution support; and
- A full CV – these may be in summary form but should give enough information to demonstrate embeddedness in the field, e.g., information about networks, conferences attended, relevant publications, professional memberships, etc.
The selection of the new Editor will be made by the Regional Studies Association Board in the light of recommendations from the Regional Studies Association’s Journals Committee. The post is for commencement as soon as possible after the decision has been made.
The successful candidate will be expected to join the RSA as a Member throughout their term. Current non-Members may apply. Further details on are available from the Regional Studies Association Office or from the Association website at:
Interested applicants with questions about the journal are invited to contact: Sally Hardy, Chief Executive, RSA, email@example.com or by telephoning + 44 (0)1273 698017
Please visit the application page to apply:
Closing date: No later than 5pm (GMT), Friday 6th October 2023.