Nominations (both self-nominations and third-party nominations) of current members are being sought for the following awards in regional studies and related fields:
- Nathaniel Lichfield Award – this award is for recent Masters graduate who has graduated within the previous year;
- RSA PhD Student Award – this award is for registered PhD students who have not yet received their certificate;
- RSA Routledge Early Career Award – this award is for early career researchers defined as being within five years of the date on their PhD certificate or equivalent.
The nominees are expected to have made an original and outstanding contribution to the field of regional studies. To be eligible for nomination, the recipient should be clearly identified as having made a leading personal contribution. Nominations should include a fully referenced piece of work in English, which fits the research interests of the Association.
The prize for each Award is:
- A cheque for £500;
- A certificate;
- A complimentary registration at the 2020 RSA President’s Event;
- Up to £200 discretionary fund toward attending the 2020 RSA President’s Event (transport costs).
Forthcoming Deadline: 30th April 2020
More details and the nomination forms are available here: https://www.regionalstudies.org/funding/awards-2020/
In November 2020, the Awards ceremony will take place at the President’s Event 2020 in London, UK. The list of the RSA Awards Winners 2019 is available here.