Date and time
The Chairs of the North East, North West and Yorkshire and Humberside Branches are delighted to invite you to the first RSA Pan-Northern Branches Conference.
The conference is designed to provide a platform for free thinking exchange of ideas, with the aim to address and discuss research and policy issues affecting the North of England in light of European and global trends and in view of national and regional contexts. During the one-day day, we will focus on how to respond to the current and future challenges for the North arising from multiple sources, such as the UK Industrial Strategy, new infrastructural investments such as HS2, the uncertainties posed by the Brexit process. Our scope is to look ahead to 2030 and the next decade for urban and regional development across public, private, voluntary and no-profit sector in the regions.
The event is free for RSA members to attend but registration and bookings are essential as we have capped the numbers of attendees. The invitation is extended to all RSA members although priority will be given to those based in the North West and North East of England, and in Yorkshire and the Humberside.
Key-note speakers include:
- Professor Andy Pike, CURDS, Newcastle University, UK
- Professor Joyce Liddle, iNCITE, Northumbria University, UK
- Professor David Bailey, Birmingham Business School, UK
- Professir Raquel Ortega-Argiles, City-REDI, University of Birmingham, UK
- Professor Alan Harding, Greater Manchester Combined Authority/University of Manchester, UK
- Expert panel with policymakers and industry representatives from the North West, North East and Yorkshire and Humberside Regions – more details to follow
If you would like to attend the conference please email Wendy Stephenson: firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th March 2020.