RSA Early Career Grant Scheme
Who is it for?
This award is open to single applicants in their early career (five years maximum between the date showing on the certificate and the application deadline). Applicants must be based within an eligible higher education institution (HEI) and must be a current, early career member of the Regional Studies Association and throughout the duration of the grant (please note that applicants may apply for membership at the same time as applying for the grant).
How does it work?
The RSA Early Career Grant is provided to support a discrete piece of regional studies and/or regional science research. The value of the grant is up to £10,000 (or its equivalent in dollars or euros depending upon the agreed exchange rate at the time of the award). The grant has a maximum time span of 18 months and reporting conditions apply. Only one grant will be made to any successful applicant.
Please note that the application process has been changed in 2015 to a two stage application process.
First selection round:
The submission deadline for the first selection round was 31st May 2015, 3pm GMT. For this initial round an Expression of Interest should be submitted (a maximum of 3 pages long) via email as outlined in the Early Career Grant Guidelines 2015 (see related documents below).
Final selection round:
Successful applicants from the first selection round will be invited to submit a full application. The submission deadline for the final selection round is 31st July 2015, 3pm GMT. Applications in the final round must be made on the official application form which will be send to shortlisted candidates.
- Final report form (word)
- Financial report form (word)
- Impact report form (word)
- Early Career Grant Guidelines 2015 (pdf)
- RSA Early Career Application Form - Final Round 2015 (word)
Previous and current grant holders
- Dr Marion Werner (September 2014)
- Dr Jorge Martins (September 2014)
- Dr Wenying Fu (September 2014)
- Dr Alex Lo (September 2014)
- Dr Lisa Dellmuth (September 2014)
- Dr Igor Calzada (November 2013)
- Dr Alex Schafran (November 2013)
- Dr Julie Tian Miao (November 2013)
- Dr Rory Horner (November 2013)
- Dr Andrew Kythreotis (May 2013)
- Dr Andrew Brooks (May 2013)
- Dr Paavo Monkkonen (May 2013)
- Dr Paula Portas (May 2013)
- Dr Haifeng Qian (November 2012)
- Dr Elizabeth Mack (November 2012)
- Dr Heather Stephens (November 2012)
- Dr Dieter Kogler (November 2012)
- Dr John Harrison (June 2012)
- Dr Cathy Yang Liu (June 2012)
- Dr Pedro Marques (June 2012)
- Dr Thomas Kemeny (June 2012)
- Dr Martin Korpi (December 2011)
- Dr Marcin Dąbrowski (December 2011)
- Dr Kendra Strauss (December 2011)
- Dr Darja Reuschke (December 2011)