Posted on: 10 April, 2019
Application deadline: July 1, 2019
VI International Conference: Perspectives of Socio-Economic Development of Border Regions, Institute of Economics of Karelian Research Centre of RAS, Petrozavodsk, Russia
Federal State Institution of Science
Federal Research Center
“Karelian Research Centre of the Russian Academy of Sciences”
Institute of Economics of Karelian Research Centre of RAS
Institute of Economics of Karelian Research Centre of RAS
invites you to take part in the VI International Conference
PERSPECTIVES OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF BORDER REGIONS
26-28 September 2019
The conference is a traditional regional platform for the discussion of the theoretical and practical aspects of cross-border territorial development. The main conference purpose is integration of professionals studying challenges and prospects of border territories development, exchange of experience on resolving related social, economic, political, educational and cultural issues. Russian and foreign scientists, lecturers, postgraduates, undergraduates, bachelors, representatives of state and municipal authorities, entrepreneurs, representatives of public organizations are invited to participate in the conference.
Directions of conference work:
- Cross-border territories in the context of new regionalism
- Economic integration and economic security: convergence or divergence
- Social development of border regions: new institutes, subjects, spheres
- Possibilities and limitations of sustainable development for border regions
- Priorities, challenges and changes of cross-border cooperation in North and Arctic territories
- Digitalization of local community and new profiles of cross-border cooperation
The conference provides discussions at round-tables:
- New resources and impulses of tourism development in border areas
- Etnocultural tourism on the border territories
- Formation of new ecological and cultural norms
- Cross-border business opportunities through IT and IoT in the sphere of aquaculture
Conference format will include keynote speeches, oral presentations and round-tables. The attendees of the conference are welcome to propose a topic of round-tables, work-shops etc. The proposal will be considered by the Steering committee which will inform you on the possibility to hold the event within the conference framework. Working languages of the conference are English and Russian.
Forms of participation:
- Oral presentation.
- Distance presentation.
- Publication in the conference proceedings.
- Conference attendance.
Schedule and deadline:
- July, 1 – deadline for submission of articles and notes for publication on the conference proceedings: IEPRIGRAN@gmail.com
- September, 1– registration
- September, 25– arrival of participants
- September, 26 –opening, plenary session
- September, 27– work of sessions and round-tables
- September, 28 – excursions, departure of participants
Selected papers are planned to be published in Proceeding (electronic form, eLibrary with ISBN). Conference participants will receive certificates.
Contact information: Kolesnikov Nikolay, PhD in economics, vice director for science, IE of KarRC of RAS, Petrozavodsk, Nevskogo ave, 50. +7 921 7270321, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://economy.krc.karelia.ru
Organizational fee is EUR 50 and covers visa invitation, two lunches and welcome dinner. Payments for excursion and seminar dinner should be made at the registration desk upon arrival.
Conference partner Karelika Travel Company is a partner of the Conference. Mail address: Russia, Karelia, 185030, Petrozavodsk, Lososinskaya nab. 7, office 1. Phone/fax (8142)571089; phone/fax (8142)571671; phone/fax (8142)784451. E-mail: email@example.com “Karelika” organizes excursions and other social events and helps in accepting conference fee payments.
Bank details for the registration fee payment (in Euro): Beneficiary’s number of account: 40702978300262211425 Beneficiary: Karelika Beneficiary’s address: Lososinskaja nabereznaja 7, of.1, Petrozavodsk 185003, Russia Beneficiary’s bank: SWIFT/IBAN – SVIZRUMM Bank’s name: SVIAZ-BANK Address of the bank: Kirov street 10, Petrozavodsk, 185035, Russia.
ATTENTION! In payment purpose it is necessary to specify: Registration fee for Border-2019 participant Ivanov I.I. Please do not forget to inform the organizing committee about your payment by the e-mail letter to IEPRIGRAN@gmail.com with attached receipt.
ATTENTION! The conference organizing committee has the right to select reports based on the presented topics. By sending materials to the conference, the author agrees that the paper is containing original research and has not been submitted / published before and gives Karelian Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences the right to post it on the Internet.
Manuscript formatting requirements
- Volume: up to 5 pages;
- Text format: Microsoft Word. Page format: A4. Fields: 20 mm. Font – Times New Roman, size 12. Interline spacing – 1.0; indent – 1.25;
- Charts in MS Word. All drawings should have numbers and names, which are placed under the picture using the usual outline. All drawings are made in black and white format, full-color drawings are not accepted. Figures should be made in a format that allows you to edit and reconfigure them without contacting the authors.
- References to the literature are made out in square brackets: [2, c. 45], statistical collections are located in the text in footnotes and are not indicated in the list of sources. References are placed at the end of the text of the report, the sources are numbered alphabetically, incl. in a foreign language – at the end of the list of references and sources.
- The title of the article is printed in capital letters completely, without abbreviations, centered, bold.
- The article must comply with the requirements of the RSCI, i.e. in addition to the main text, contain the following information:
- Surname, name, patronymic of the author (authors) in full;
- Academic degree, title, position;
- Full and exact name of the place of work, study, organizational unit; contact information (e-mail, postal address of the organization with an index and phone number);
- Title of the article;
- Abstract (250-300 characters with spaces);
- Keywords (5-7 words)