Position as Senior researcher / researcher 2 at Ruralis
Due to research success and securing of research funding, we are looking for 1 to 2 senior researchers / researchers (PhD-level, forsker 2) to expand our capacity and join our team at Ruralis. The post(s) are for permanent full-time positions. We are looking for an experienced social scientist who has:
- an interest in research topics with significance for Norwegian rural communities
- wants to use their professional knowledge in a way that benefits society
- wants to work as a full-time researcher responsible for delivering Research Council of Norway, EU and contract research projects.
Your tasks will initially be to work with our skilled researchers in the implementation of already funded research projects, contribute towards scientific publication, professional dissemination to user groups and the public, and in our continuous work to develop new proposals to secure externally funded projects.
The preferred workplace will be our main office in Trondheim. Field work and other travel activity required to fulfil the role must be expected. For more information about Ruralis check https://ruralis.no/en/
In additional to professional experience and competencies it is important that applicants are:
- Willing to contribute to maintaining a sociable and engaging working environment,
- Have good collaboration and communication skills,
- Able to work in a structured way, both independently and in teams,
- For more experienced applicants, that they have a track record of involvement in, and development of research project proposals based on the funding opportunities that exist. For less experience applicants, that they can demonstrate that they have been involved in or have begun developing the competencies required to develop project proposals,
- Flexible when it comes to working on projects that may not be directly related to your core professional interest,
- Have good written and oral skills in English.
If you are not fluent or native in a Scandinavian language (Norwegian, Swedish or Danish), it is a requirement that you must be able to converse competently in Norwegian within three years, approximately C2 level. Ruralis’ will pay for language courses for you and any partner.
- PhD degree in sociology, geography, political science, social anthropology or equivalent
- Relevant scientific publications in one or more of our research areas
- Good methodological and analytical skills
Applicants must have:
- Strong interest in and knowledge of rural conditions and / or district perspectives on land, sea and coast
- Research competence on one or more of the following topics: gender, development of the blue economy, technology and society, innovation processes and responsible innovation (RI), and Norwegian agriculture and forestry
The following experience is desirable:
- Experience from leading externally funded research projects
- Experience from designing research projects that have obtained external funding
Ruralis is concerned with having gender balance. We encourage women to apply.
Salary according to qualifications and experience. Ruralis has a company cabin for its employees in Oppdal and favourable pension and insurance schemes.
For questions about the position and work tasks please consult with:
Research leader Pia Otte, +47 944 84 736, firstname.lastname@example.org
Research leader Magnar Forbord, +47 934 49 761, email@example.com
Managing director Svein Frisvoll, +47 402 12 862, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application with CV sent via here.
Application deadline: 31 August 2022.