RGS-IBG Grants for postgraduates and early-career researchers
Call for applicants for upcoming 2021/2022 grant deadlines
The Society has a number of grants for postgraduates and early-career researchers to support geographical research. Deadlines vary but many are clustered in November, and then again in January and February. There’s full information online at www.rgs.org/Grants. Please do disseminate widely and encourage those in your groups to apply.
Postgraduate grants – most around £2k. Unless specified the grants are open to applications from across the breadth of geography.
- RGS-IBG Postgraduate Research Awards (deadline 23 November 2021)
Slightly later deadlines
- Monica Cole Research Grant (deadline 18 January 2022) (for physical geography)
- Henrietta Hutton Research Grant (deadline 18 January 2022)
- Frederick Soddy Award (deadline 18 January 2022) (a larger grant for research on a region)
- The Slawson Awards (deadline 22 February 2022) (for research on development issues)