Posted on: 17 June, 2019
Application deadline: August 11, 2019
Permanent position – Research scientist/Senior Scientist: sustainable transformation, SINTEF, Dept. of Technology Management, Trondheim, Norway
SINTEF Digital is searching for: Research scientist/Senior Scientist sustainable transformation
The Department of Technology Management consists of approximately 40 employees organised in three research groups. The Innovation and Management group is a multi- disciplinary group with 13 employees. Our research focus is on innovation processes in organisations, innovation systems, regional business development and sustainable transformation.
Our research projects contribute to knowledge development within the areas of innovation, industrial and regional development, and policy. We provide recommendations and advise both private and public organisations, for example on policy and innovation strategies.
We are looking for a candidate who can strengthen and develop our focus areas within:
- Sustainability transitions and industrial transformation
- Industrial development, regional development
- Innovation and innovation policy
An important part of our research activities includes the development of knowledge as a basis for sustainable development of industry. We are looking to strengthen our research capacity on sustainability transition/industrial transformation in particular, but the successful candidate must be able to contribute in other areas. In the area of sustainability transitions/industrial transformation we focus on sectors like energy, transport, maritime and industry. The research will be associated with two new research centres we are part of: INTRANSIT (Innovation Policy for Industrial Transformation, Sustainability and Digitalization) and FME NTRANS (Norwegian Centre for Energy Transition Strategies).
You have experience from relevant research. Experience from consultancy work, public service or industry is also an advantage. Your goal should be to develop your own expertise through challenging work. You must be able to contribute to projects and develop new knowledge in close contact with research partners and clients. We expect you to publish regularly and to participate in broader debates through e.g. media and by participating at conferences.
The candidate we are looking for:
- Has a PhD, alternatively Master degree (aiming to progress to PhD) within relevant subjects (innovation studies, economic geography, sociology, industrial economics and technology management, sustainability/environmental studies or similar)
- Has experience from R&D projects
- Is analytical, professional and interested in in-depth research
- Has competence in qualitative and/or quantitative methods
- Has excellent cooperation and dissemination skills
- Is fluent in oral and written English
- Working for us entails being part of one of Europe’s leading research institutions Interesting and multi-disciplinary projects nationally and internationally supported by SINTEF’s total knowledge base.
- Being part of SINTEF’s and our clients network.
- A dynamic and flexible working day.
- The opportunity for academic and personal development in a recognised and highly competent working environment. A Research scientist position may be combined with PhD or Postdoc studies.
- A sociable and creative working environment focusing on people.
- Competitive company pension- and insurance scheme, benefits and competitive salary.
We are Trondheim based. Travelling to meet with research partners and clients in Norway and abroad will be necessary. Norwegian (Scandinavian) is our working language. Applicants who do not master Norwegian are expected to learn and practice Norwegian within a year of employment.