PROFESSOR IN ECONOMICS
Xi’an Jiaotong – Liverpool University – Department of Economics
School: International Business School Suzhou (IBSS)
Department: Department of Economics
Position: Full Professor in Economics
Location: Suzhou, China
Contract Type: Fixed-term, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended
XJTLU is a research-led university and correspondingly, International Business School Suzhou is a research-led business school. In this context, even though the workload of faculty in IBSS is generally shared between teaching, research, and service, Professors are expected to greatly contribute to the research activity of the School. Research activities include the publication of research articles, attendance of international conferences, and applications for research funding. Research performance in the School is benchmarked on internationally recognised lists of journal quality such as the Academic Journal Guide (UK) – a.k.a. the ABS list – and the ABDC list (AUS). The target levels on those lists are ABS3/ABDC:A or above.
In addition, Professors are also expected to hold leadership roles (service) with the Department, School, or the University, using their experience and expertise to represent the Economics Department and the Business School.
In terms of teaching, all faculty within the Department are required to teach and Professors should be willing and able to teaching at all levels, including undergraduate, masters, PhD, and executive education.
The successful applicant to the position of Professor is expected to:
- Hold a PhD degree in a field related to economics
- Have a strong record of academic publications in good journals based on the benchmarks listed above. Note that Professors should have experience publishing at the level of ABS4/ABDCA*
- Have successfully obtained and managed grants and funding (external to the home institution)
- Have experience supervising PhD students to completion
- Have actively contributed to the development of an academic unit through significant and sustained service role
- Curriculum design and programme development experience
- Engagement with professional community
- Adaptability in working in a collegial environment
For full details and to apply, please see here