Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields
The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa.
Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
The School of Architecture, Planning and Design (SAP+D) at Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) invites applications for Post-Doctoral Research Fellows to work within the Sustainable, Resilient and Smart African Cities Project (2020-2022).
Postdoctoral Fellow N°1:
Field of research: Environmental Sciences/Engineering.
Skills: Advanced GIS and Spatial Statistics.
Expected working methods: Remote sensing and modelling approaches.
Postdoctoral Fellow N°2:
Field of research: Urban/environmental Economics, Real estate economics/finance.
Skills: Financial and economic modeling.
Expected working methods: Interaction between natural systems, built environment and economic value, mixed-methods.
Postdoctoral Fellow N°3:
Field of research: Urban/Territorial Performance Monitoring, Applied Urban Geography
Skills: Remote Sensing/GIS
Expected working methods: smart technologies and approaches in the monitoring of urban and territorial performance
Postdoctoral Fellow N°4:
Field of research: Urban Data Science/Urban informatics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or related fields
Skills: Data science, Data collection, data wrangling, Handling of large-scale datasets
Expected working methods: Explore development of data-driven city analytics toolkits
Successful candidates are expected to:
- Conduct studies of related literature and research to support the design and implementation of projects and development of reports, ensuring conceptual relevance, comprehensiveness, and currency of information.
- Write and publish articles in peer-reviewed journals/digests that highlight findings from research and experimental activities ensuring consistency with the standards of academic publication.
- Communicate to the research project team the development, progress and results of research activities ensuring that relevant information and issues in the implementation of projects/experiments are captured in as comprehensive and timely manner as possible.
- Develop collaborative links with the core scientific personnel in related programme areas to gain exposure to, and build knowledge on experimental/research activities and approaches, in order to improve conceptual development and implementation.
- Design and organize databases along project frameworks and experimental research design that support overall research management, including the monitoring and evaluation of project inputs, actions, and outcomes, as well as the subsequent integration of these databases to other databanks;
- Identify areas of improvement within the research structure using integrated management approaches in pursuit of capacity building/strengthening and the preservation of scientific rigor in research studies.
- Support if required, the development of proposals for research funding.