PhD positions – Innovation and regions, Department of International Business, HEC Montréal
The Research Chair in Innovation and Regional Development and the Department of International Business at HEC Montréal invite applications for the following PhD position, which will start on September 1, 2024. The successful applicant is interested in conducting inter-disciplinary research in the following subjects:
- Innovation, networks and regions
- Clusters and innovation in cities and peripheral regions
- Industrial dynamics, economic geography and globalisation
- Low-tech, high-tech industries, and services (KIBS)
The PhD scholarships will be a part of the PhD program in Management at HEC Montréal. We offer a stimulating and team-based work environment, which provides opportunities to present at national and international conferences and workshops, network with scholars and practitioners.
For more information about the Department of International Business, visit the department’s website – https://www.hec.ca/affint/index.html
Starting date: September 1, 2024
Workplace: Department of International Business, HEC Montréal, Montréal, Canada The scholarship is according to guidelines of HEC Montréal
- In-program scholarships: PhD students receive an amount of $20,000 per year, mostly in the form of scholarships, during the first 4 years of studies.
- Exemption of tuition fees: All enrolled students receive an exemption of tuition fees during the first 4 years of studies.
- Financial assistance to attend scientific conferences: Assistance is offered by the Research and Knowledge Transfer Office and by professors-researchers to enable students to attend scientific conferences and present scientific papers.
– Applicants should have a master’s degree in Business, in Economic Geography or other fields with relevance to the subject areas.
– Conducting research for a doctoral dissertation
The application should include the following (one single pdf file):
– Letter of motivation (2 pages max)
– Full CV
– Names and e-mail addresses of 2 references
– Copy of master thesis or chapters of the thesis
– 1-page proposal about research agenda
Deadline: December 1, 2023
For questions about the position, please contact Prof. David Doloreux (email@example.com)
Please send your application to Prof. David Doloreux (firstname.lastname@example.org)