Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Economics and Business Economics
De Montfort University Kazakhstan
Start Date: September 2023
Benefits and Conditions:
- Competitive salary $38,000- $50,000 depending on experience (tax rate only 10%)
- Accommodation allowance paid monthly
- Paid flight on arrival and return flight at end of contract
- Annual flight allowance
- 56 calendar days’ paid leave per year
- 11/12 public holidays per annum
- Private healthcare
- Staff development opportunities
ABOUT DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY KAZAKHSTAN
Recently opened in September 2021, De Montfort University Kazakhstan (DMUK) is the first university to be fully licensed by the Government of Kazakhstan to offer UK qualifications in the country. Graduates of DMUK are awarded degrees from De Montfort University, Leicester, UK. The University offers a truly international experience for students through its UK curriculum and its employment of a high number of international academic staff. In addition, the University emphasises quality teaching and scholarship, a supportive and vibrant student environment and a focus on the skills and experience needed by graduates to accelerate their careers and get ahead in the competitive job market.
The successful candidate will lead on the planning, development and delivery of high-quality programmes, as well as inspiring and inclusive learning opportunities for students to help them achieve their learning goals.
In addition, you will also lead and promote innovation and quality enhancement in Learning and Teaching, as well as support the needs of the Department through taking responsibility for programme-related administration and monitoring.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- Experience of teaching on Undergraduate/Postgraduate programmes.
- Track record of creating successful learning outcomes for students.
- Sound understanding of the relevant industry and curriculum requirements.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively within a team.
- Postgraduate qualification or professional qualification of a commensurate level.
DMUK welcomes recent or new PHD/MA holders who are looking to gain their first teaching role.
The appointee will be expected to:
- Undertake teaching and assessment on a range of undergraduate, postgraduate and modules in business and marketing related subjects.
- Contribute to the delivery of the above modules for full time and part time students.
- Ensure the curriculum is current, fit for purpose and is meeting the needs of stakeholders, including students, industry and the professional associations and lead bodies with whom we work or aspire to work.
- Lead and develop existing modules and programmes, identifying and proposing areas for improvement, to ensure that modules continue to be student focused, innovative, of high quality and embed the most up-to-date, relevant research and scholarship.
- Lead and develop new modules and programmes, taking sole responsibility as appropriate, ensuring that they are student focused, innovative, of high quality and embed the most up-to-date relevant research and scholarship.
- As module leader collaborate with colleagues, offering guidance and mentoring as appropriate, to ensure effective module delivery.
- Apply creative and innovative means of embedding and delivering activities, academic research and opportunities within modules, designed to enhance the students’ international awareness, employability and the quality of the student experience.
- Explore and implement ways of providing students with an assessed global travel opportunity as an integral part of the teaching and learning experience.
- Develop and disseminate high quality teaching and learning materials using a range of formats including the virtual learning environment.
- Develop assessments as appropriate and assess students’ work providing timely, high quality and developmental feedback.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues to undertake academic roles such as internal moderation, second marking and shared delivery.
- Act as personal tutor to a designated group of students and assist them in reviewing their personal and academic development and their career planning.
- Contribute to the development of the subject area and related programmes of study and the wider Department and faculty.
- Carry out relevant administrative duties associated with the post, for example with matters related to student recruitment, enrolment, induction, teaching and assessment.
- To participate fully in the University’s Quality Assurance processes relating to the design and delivery of teaching programmes.
- Undertake all mandatory and advised training and development as required.
- To undertake external networking, e.g. with the local business community, schools, colleges, professional bodies and /or with the wider academic community via activities such as external examining.
- To participate in cross university and promotional activities including open days, and school visits.
Modules covered include:
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Introduction to microeconomics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Intermediate microeconomics
- History of Business Economics
- Macroeconomics for Business
- Contemporary issues in Microeconomics
- Quantitative Methods for Business Economics
This job description reflects the main duties and responsibilities of the posts. However, the post holders may be required to fulfil other ad-hoc duties commensurate with the level of the posts from time to time.
“A best kept secret”
Kazakhstan is a dynamic and exciting country. Its fascinating geography and history make it a great place to live, study, work and visit.
DMU Kazakhstan’s campus is located in the heart of Almaty. After lectures, you can go for a hike in the beautiful natural areas surrounding Almaty.
The city’s natural beauty alone is a good reason to work in Almaty. Almaty is situated in the south-eastern part of Kazakhstan. With the backdrop of the gorgeous Zailiysky Alatau mountains, it’s the perfect place for those looking for a picturesque city to live in.
With a relatively low cost of living, Almaty is also very affordable. Almaty has a great choice of shops, restaurants, bars, and a lively mix of music, film, sport, comedy and culture as well as lots of green spaces within and surrounding the boundaries. It’s ‘the perfect size’ – big and historic enough to impress, yet compact, friendly and safe enough to call home.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to discuss this post, please contact Aruna Kerimova, HR Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the post, please send your CV to email@example.com
For more information follow the link https://dmuk.edu.kz/