The University of Tübingen is one of Europe’s oldest and most prestigious research universities. The Institute of Political Science at the University of Tübingen invites applications for a
Lecturer Post (d/f/m)
from 1 September 2023 (or as soon as possible thereafter). Salary is based on the (German public sector pay scheme TV-L; E13); annual salary is commensurate with experience starting from approximately 50.000 Euro.
The duties of the lecturer include:
- teaching (6 courses per term) in the Bachelor’s and Master’s programs, especially in the areas of Comparative Public Policy as well as methods in the political science Bachelor’s program and in Master of Public Policy and Social Change
- administrative services; these may include, for example, program coordination and general student advising for the Bachelor of Arts in Political Science program as well as willingness to contribute to the further development of the bachelor programs of the institute
- research in areas relevant for the research unit and willingness to contribute to the organization of events of the research unit.
- PhD in Comparative Public Policy or Social Policy (the thesis should ideally have been defended by the start of employment);
- teaching experience at BA and MA level ideally in Comparative Public Policy and methods in political science;
- three peer-reviewed publications;
- German and English language skills (both at C1 level).
- experience in administration (degree program coordination or similar);
- very good international networking in the relevant research area;
- experience in organizing academic conferences or workshops.
Disabled persons will be preferred in case of equal qualification. The University seeks to raise the number of women in research and teaching and therefore encourages qualified women academics to apply for this position.
If you are interested in this post, please send your application with the usual documents (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, publication list, etc.) in electronic form (one pdf-file only) to: email@example.com. Deadline for applications is June 18.
For further questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The formal recruitment will be carried out by the Central Administration.