Posted on: 8 February, 2019
Application deadline: February 24, 2019
Lecturer in Human Geography, Swansea University, Wales
Lecturer in Human Geography
Swansea University – College Of Science
|Salary:||£34,189 to £39,609 per annum|
|Placed On:||23rd January 2019|
|Closes:||24th February 2019|
Scale 8 – £34,189 to £39,609 per annum with USS benefits
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Swansea University’s Singleton Campus.
Main Purpose of the Post
Swansea University seeks to appoint a Lecturer in Human Geography with expertise and a proven track record in the fields of GIS/geospatial analysis (including critical GIS) and/or quantitative data analysis and the application of these approaches to current global challenges. We have a preference for an individual working in the fields of urban, social, health and economic geography, such as urban political economy, SMART cities or regional economic development.
The post requires a contribution to teaching in GIS and Human Geography at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, in addition to small group (tutorial) teaching, and academic administrative responsibilities. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to pursue their own research agenda and engage with colleagues in a vibrant research environment. The post requires the delivery of high quality student-centred teaching and a commitment to enhancing the overall student experience, a commitment to equality and diversity, and a commitment to undertaking world-leading research.
Please refer to the attached Job Description for the main duties of the post.
- A PhD in a relevant subject area or a degree and relevant professional experience or qualification
- Recognised teaching qualification or equivalent or a commitment to achieve this
- A record of research outputs and dissemination in quality publications or other media.
- Demonstrate the potential to achieve, or having success in securing resources to underpin original research activity.
- Recognition for contribution to the discipline.
- Evidence of demonstrating involvement in effective postgraduate research supervision, or the ability to do so.
- Evidence of or ability to undertake effective delivery of teaching, assessment and review of modules or other components of the taught portfolio.
- Taking an active part in decisions and activities in an academic unit or institution, beyond own research and teaching commitments.
- Subject specific criteria
Informal enquiries contact details and Further Information
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Siwan Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org
This post will close at midnight 24 February 2019
Applicants will find full job details together with the online application link: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/personnel/jobs/details.php?nPostingId=35618&nPostingTargetId=51175&id=QHUFK026203F3VBQB7VLO8NXD&LG=UK&mask=suext
The University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity in all of its practices and activities. We aim to establish an inclusive environment and particularly welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.