Posted on: 7 January, 2019
Application deadline: January 31, 2019
Knowledge Cubed Content Creation – GIS Intern, Savills Studley, remote working
Knowledge Cubed Content Creation – GIS Intern To apply, email your resume to Doug Jamieson (email@example.com)
Passionate about creating tools that will determine where hundreds of thousands of people go to work every day? Savills Studley seeks a GIS Intern to join the growing Client Technologies Team. As an intern, you will be organizing, verifying, and correcting internally created datasets in ESRI desktop as well as curating internal and external datasets in ArcGIS online. You will be conducting research using the internet, third party services, and other media resources to develop, populate, maintain, and manage internal datasets. Candidate should have a strong interest in GIS and data visualization and be very detail oriented, have excellent computer and internet skills, and have the ability to interact well with peers in a team environment.
The intern will report to the Senior Manager of National GIS Services in the New York office, though work can be performed remotely. This is an ideal opportunity to work in a best-in-class organization.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Organize, clean, and document custom GIS datasets
- Curate basemap dataset groups
- Write workflow and “how to” documentation for existing and new GIS workflows
- Assist in the development of presentation materials based on research
- Work with GIS team members to develop online web maps and web app for the querying, analysis, visualization, and export of datasets.
- Conduct research using the internet, third party services and other media resources
- Must have working knowledge of
- ESRI ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro
- ESRI Arcgis Online
- Must be familiar with basic cartographic/map design principles, geodatabase concepts, and data creation and editing
- Strong functionality with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- Very detail oriented with strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Must have completed, in GIS, Geography or related field, at least THREE YEARS of an accredited college/university program or be enrolled in a master’s program
- Interest in geographic data visualization and analysis
About Savills Studley
Savills Studley is the leading commercial real estate services firm specializing in tenant representation. Founded in 1954, the firm pioneered the conflict-free business model of representing only tenants in their commercial real estate transactions.
Today, supported by high quality market research and in-depth analysis, Savills Studley provides strategic real estate solutions to organizations across all industries. The firm’s comprehensive commercial real estate platform includes brokerage, project management, capital markets, consulting and corporate services. With 30 offices in North America, and a heritage of innovation, Savills Studley is well known for tenacious client advocacy and exceptional service.
The firm is part of London-headquartered Savills plc, the premier global real estate service provider with over 30,000 professionals and over 700 locations around the world. Savills plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (SVS.L).