Posted on: 7 January, 2019
Application deadline: January 31, 2019
Knowledge Cubed Content Creation – GIS Developer, Savills Studley, various locations, USA
Knowledge Cubed Content Creation – GIS Developer To apply, email your resume to Doug Jamieson (email@example.com)
Passionate about creating tools that will determine where hundreds of thousands of people go to work every day? Savills Studley seeks a GIS Developer to join the growing Client Technologies Team. The GIS Developer will support our proprietary data management, visualization and analytics platform and workforce location consultants to customize content and analysis relevant to clients, as well as monitor and understand core systems and data processes for building new functionality and content.
Our Client Technologies Team consists of engineers, designers, researchers, and client/account managers located across three primary global HUBs; this role can be based in NYC, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Phoenix or Tampa.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for designing and building interactive 2D and 3D mapping apps in our proprietary data management, visualization and analytics platform
- Provide GIS mapping and demographic reports to the company’s internal and external clients
- Mapping types include but not limited to: geocoded maps (employee location, site location), demographics/thematic mapping, heat maps, traffic counts, radius and drive time analysis, working with aerials
- Work with the group to evaluate technologies that are not currently in use and expanding the existing use of technologies.
- Educate and train service line professionals and administrative assistants on GIS mapping and demographics capabilities
- Work with close counterparts in other disciplines as part of a cross-functional team
Who you are
- You have a bachelors or advanced degree in GIS, computer sciences, or related field
- 2+ years of mapping-related experience required (including academic experience)
- Ability to import data, set up thematic maps, dot density maps, retrieve latitude/longitudes and perform analysis within ArcGIS desktop
- Must have at least intermediate level knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS (desktop, extensions, online, applications)
- Google Earth Pro and/or Mapbox experience strongly preferred
- Possess skills for analytics and data extraction (SQL, R, Python, Alteryx)
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts both verbally and in writing
- Willing to learn new software
- Ideally you have some understanding of commercial real estate
About Savills Studley
Savills Studley is the leading commercial real estate services firm specializing in tenant representation. Founded in 1954, the firm pioneered the conflict-free business model of representing only tenants in their commercial real estate transactions.
Today, supported by high quality market research and in-depth analysis, Savills Studley provides strategic real estate solutions to organizations across all industries. The firm’s comprehensive commercial real estate platform includes brokerage, project management, capital markets, consulting and corporate services. With 30 offices in North America, and a heritage of innovation, Savills Studley is well known for tenacious client advocacy and exceptional service.
The firm is part of London-headquartered Savills plc, the premier global real estate service provider with over 30,000 professionals and over 700 locations around the world. Savills plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (SVS.L).