Dates: March 22-23, 2023, 10:00 – 17:00 (GMT+2 Kyiv)
Location: Kyiv National University of Economics named after Vadym Hetman (Kyiv, Ukraine).
Scientists and academic staff, students of higher education institutions, civil servants and local government officials, and all those interested in the Forum’s topics are invited to participate in the Forum!
The purpose of the Forum: is to discuss the current state and prospects of the development of Ukrainian cities, taking into account existing challenges and threats, to develop strategic directions for the restoration and development of cities in the post-war period. Form of holding the Forum: in-person and remote. Each of the registered participants of the forum will receive an invitation to the “room” of the video conference, where the meetings will be held.
The working languages of the Forum are Ukrainian and English.
Invited participants of the Forum: national and international experts in urbanism, state, regional and urban policy, representatives of the relevant committees of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the Office of the President of Ukraine, Ministry of Communities, Territories and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine, other public institutions, leading scientists of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and higher education institutions.
We sincerely invite you to participate in the International Urban Forum
“Economics of Urban Regeneration” https://www.facebook.com/ReginarTheWebinar
Thematic areas of the International Urban Forum
“Economics of Urban Regeneration”:
1. Post-war development of Ukrainian cities: current situation, challenges and civilization trends.
2. Ukrainian cities as centers of Ukraine’s compliance with the criteria of full membership and readiness to join the EU.
3. World experience in the restoration of cities affected by hostilities.
4. Innovative technologies and tools for restoring the affected cities of Ukraine.
5. State and city policies and strategies for urban recovery.
6. Urban recovery based on the smart economy (digital transformation, smart infrastructure, online public services, cybersecurity).
7. Return of Ukrainian refugees and internally displaced persons to their places of previous permanent residence as a key factor in the recovery of regions and cities.
8. Implementation of local government reform achievements in urban development.
9. Urban youth movements: their importance and role in the reconstruction of Ukraine.
10. Safe urban environment: basics and principles of formation.
11. Reconstruction of energy infrastructure based on climate neutrality.
12. Financial support for urban renewal and investment attractiveness of projects in cities in the post-war period.
13. Integration of economic science, education and public administration and urban development.
14. Professionalization of strategic management of urban renewal in Ukraine.
The abstracts of the participants will be published in the electronic collection of the Forum materials, which will be assigned an ISBN by the publishing house (Kyiv). The electronic collection of conference abstracts will be posted on the website of the Department of Regional Studies and Tourism at:
KNEU Library repository at https://lib.kneu.edu.ua/ua/e_resours_bibl/elek_arhiv_kneu/.
The abstracts of each participant will be indexed in Google Scholar.
Participation in the Forum and the electronic collection of materials are free of charge.
Participants of the Forum can receive a certificate of participation and/or a certificate of advanced training (1 ECTS, 30 hours), which is provided in electronic form. The cost of the
Forum certificate is: 150 UAH for citizens of Ukraine and 5 USD for citizens of other countries, and the cost of the certificate of advanced training is 300 UAH.
Payment for the certificates is made after the Forum’s Organizing Committee accepts the materials of the reports for publication, based on the bank details sent to the participant.
For more details please see: Ukraine Urban Forum March 22-23 2023 Information_letter or head to https://kneu.edu.ua/ua/fm_depts/department_of_regional_studies_and_tourism/Conferents17/urbanforum-2023/