Posted on: 4 February, 2019
Application deadline: April 15, 2019
International interdisciplinary master’s program: Regional Development, University Centre of the Westfjords, Ísafjörður, Iceland
The University Centre of the Westfjords in Ísafjörður, Iceland, in cooperation with state-run University of Akureyri, offers two coastal related programs open to students with diverse academic and professional backgrounds.
- Coastal Communities and Regional Development (MA: Master of Arts)
- Coastal and Marine Management (MRM: Master of Resource Management)
- Modular course structure, teachers from around the world
- Design your own thesis topic: subjects and advisors from all over the world
- Small groups, good access to teachers and staff
- Experience life in a rural sub-Arctic coastal community
- Field trips, company visits, and practical projects
- 120 ECTS (75 courses, 45 thesis); 18 months total length, starts in late August
Courses and thesis topics include: Community and stakeholder engagement, Arctic ocean governance, regional development, gender and equity, marine spatial planning, communicating climate change, global to local economics and policy, innovation and entrepreneurship, sustainable fisheries/aquaculture, future scenario development, education and outreach, coastal tourism, marine renewable energy and much more!
- February 15: Non-EU/EEA citizens
- April 15: EU/EEA citizens
We are now advertising for students for this brand new programme. The location is in one of the most remote areas of Iceland, so that alone should foster learning process. As the programme is tax funded, we can offer it for a reasonable annual fee of 2.500 US$ for students from outside EU/EEA and 1.100 € for students from EU/EEA.
For more information about the programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our: