Hertfordshire Business School invites applications for a fully-funded PhD position (details below). This is open to international students! We are a pluralist department and work on a wide range of topics (see here: https://www.herts.ac.uk/research/centres-and-groups/business-management/organisations-markets-and-policy). Our research areas include financialisation, finance & development, institutional econ etc.
We’re located in Hatfield, a short train journey (ca. 15 min) from London.
Applications are invited for a fully-funded PhD studentship in the Hertfordshire Business School at the University of Hertfordshire. The studentship is offered on a full-time basis for three years (subject to satisfactory progress). It provides a tax free bursary (currently £15,285 per annum for the academic year 2020-21), and includes a full tuition fee waiver for three years. Additional funding to support the research may also be available.
Successful candidates will be supported by a team of supervisors with experience and expertise on the selected topic of research. There may be opportunities to undertake teaching related activities in a relevant area.
About the Project
Applications are welcome on any research topic and specialism. We also welcome applications that focus on the following areas:
- Tourism and events, especially projects with a focus on inclusive tourism;
- Acceptance and use of innovation (e.g. artificial intelligence and organisations; SMEs);
- Development of artificial intelligence based technologies for healthcare decision-making;
- Crises and household income dynamics.
The successful project will contribute to one of the four research groups in the Business School:
- Enterprise and Value
- Global Work and Employment
- Managing Complex Change
- Organisations, Markets and Policy
Applicants may find it helpful to look at the nature of current research in the School as represented at https://www.herts.ac.uk/study/schools-of-study/business/research.
Applicants should have at least an upper second-class honours degree in a relevant discipline. A master degree in a relevant field will be advantageous.
The studentship is open to UK/EU and international applicants.
How to apply
Applicants are required to provide the following documents:
- A completed application form, available for download at: http://www.herts.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/31105/uh-application-form.pdf.;
- A 2000 words research proposal;
- Two academic references;
- Copies of qualification certificates and transcripts;
- Certification of English language competence (minimum IELTS 6.5 or equivalent) for candidates for whom English is not their first language;
- A copy of passport photo page.
Please send completed applications to the Doctoral College at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the following format in the email subject line: “Business School_studentship application_YOUR NAME”.
For enquiries regarding research degrees at the University of Hertfordshire, please email Ms Lynette Spelman (email@example.com). Ms Spelman can also answer general queries on the application process.
For enquiries concerning this studentship and the Business School please email the Doctoral Research Tutor, Dr Francesca Gagliardi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date for applications: 13th November 2020.
Interview dates: week beginning 23rd November 2020.
Studentship start date: January 2021.