The Regional Studies Association (RSA) seeks to appoint a new Editor for its popular Blog which has been running since 2010. The Blog (www.regionalstudies.org/category_news/rsa-blog/) provides a platform for the RSA and its community to share short, engaging articles on research and the latest developments in the field. The postholder would work fully remotely with support by the RSA Office team. This is a three year appointment and the postholder will be a co-optee on the RSA Board.
The key responsibilities of the Blog Editor are:
- To manage the Blog in conjunction with the RSA office team and in line with the RSA Communication Strategy;
- To solicit, review, edit, approve and publish content online;
- To monitor responses and comments;
- To grow the number of unsolicited submissions;
- To assist in marketing the Blog via social media;
- To join and to report to the RSA Board;
- To contribute at RSA Board meetings to the development of the Association.
Why should you apply?
- To develop further your editorial skills and global networks;
- To gain global visibility;
- To support knowledge exchange in the field of regional studies and regional science;
- To become part of the RSA Board and to participate in up to four RSA Board meetings per year;
- To contribute to the development of a global and leading Association in the field of regional studies.
Feedback by the outgoing Editor:
“Being the RSA Blog Editor provided an excellent opportunity to learn and publish new and upcoming research for an online audience and provided instrumental networking opportunities with leading scholars in regional studies on a global stage.” Joshua Barrett, School of Environmental Design and Rural Development, University of Guelph, Canada
Interested candidates are invited to submit a manifesto (maximum 500 words) setting out:
- Your ideas on how the Blog can have relevance and impact in the Regional Studies academic and policy communities;
- Outline any existing editorial experience;
- Any institutional support available, including any time allowance to undertake the editorial role.
You should attach a full CV– these may be in summary form but should give enough information to demonstrate embeddedness in the field and its networks, e.g. information about networks, research interests, conferences attended, relevant publications, professional memberships, links to personal blogs and twitter handle etc.
Closing Date for applications: 17.00 (GMT) Monday 11th January 2021.
Please email any question you might have and your application to Daniela Carl at email@example.com