Posted on: 24 September, 2018
Application deadline: December 10, 2018
Assistant professor with expertise in sustainable urban systems, Urban Studies Institute, Georgia State University, USA
- Completed PhD (before August 1, 2019) in urban studies, geography, sustainability science, urban ecology, urban planning, or other related social sciences;
- Experience with urban social-ecological systems and bringing scientific expertise to the study and pursuit of sustainable urban systems;
- Experience working in collaborative, interdisciplinary research projects; and
- A broad interest in urban studies and motivation to help build a new Institute with missions in research, teaching, and outreach.
- Experience working with participatory and transdisciplinary approaches to transformations solutions;
- Expertise in specific areas such as climate and environmental justice, climate change adaptation, ecosystem services, equity, futures research, knowledge systems, transitions / transformations, etc.; and
- Innovative teaching approaches, including engaging students in solutions-oriented projects.
Georgia State University, located in the heart of downtown Atlanta, is a major research university with an enrollment of more than 50,000 students. The university is currently in the middle of a record $1 billion campus expansion. GSU is recognized as a national leader in student success and in graduating students from diverse backgrounds. In 2018, U.S. News & World Report ranked GSU as the 2nd most innovative school in the nation. The Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, ranked among the top 20 Best Graduate Schools for Public Affairs in the United States by the U.S. News & World Report. Its students, alumni and faculty work to advance economic opportunity, human rights and social justice around the world.
Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply. For best consideration, applications should be a single PDF file sent via email to email@example.com:
(1) a letter of application including statement on research and teaching; names, affiliations, and email addresses of three referees;
(2) a current CV. The PDF file name should include the applicant’s last name. An offer of employment, pending budgetary approval, will be conditional on background verification.
Georgia State University, a Research University of the University System of Georgia, is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.