Posted on: 13 March, 2019
Application deadline: September 1, 2019
7th Central European Conference in Regional Science, 9-11 October, Sopron, Hungary
We are pleased to invite you and your colleagues to the 7th Central European Conference in Regional Science The CERS Conference is organised every two years in one of the Central European countries for both academics and practitioners, focusing on urban and regional science in the context of the Central European Space.
FLOWS OF RESOURCES IN THE REGIONAL ECONOMY IN THE AGE OF DIGITALISATION 9–11 OCTOBER 2019 UNIVERSITY OF SOPRON, ALEXANDRE LAMFALUSSY FACULTY OF ECONOMICS (SOPRON, HUNGARY)
- Alessandra Faggian (Gran Sasso Science Institute, Italy)
- Katarzyna Kopczewska (University of Warsaw, Poland)
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose (London School of Economics, UK)
- André Torre (INRA, France; European Regional Science Association)
MAIN TOPICS Regular Sessions will be organized (but not exclusively) covering the further topics:
- Flow of resources and their impact on economic development
- Innovation, entrepreneurship and knowledge networks
- The economic impact of Foreign Direct Investments
- Challenges of urbanization in the core and the perpheries
- Rural regions in the 21st century – winners or losers?
- Spatial development and cohesion policy in CEE regions
- Financial markets and (dependent) financialization
- Challenges of smart specialization in CEE regions
- Digitalization, Industry 4.0 and the transformation of global value change
- Circular economy and environmental challenges
- Besides the Regular Sessions, different Special Sessions will be organized at the Conference. In order to apply to these sessions, please contact with the convenors of the sessions:
- Tourism and Regional/Local Development (Márta Bakucz; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Regional science meets regional industry (Tamás Gyulai; email@example.com)
- Urbanization processes and its impact on environment and landscape (Tamás Hardi; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Contemporary Issues in Regional (Corporate) Embeddedness (Viktória Józsa; email@example.com)
- Networks, Development and Disparities in Regions (Balázs Lengyel; firstname.lastname@example.org and Attila Varga; email@example.com)
- Geoeconomic/geopolitical challenges in the EU and CEE (Márton Péti; firstname.lastname@example.org)
YOUNG SCIENTISTS’ SESSION For PhD students and early career researchers, the 7th CERS Conference offers a special occasion to meet leading European researchers of regional science. We are organizing special session for Young Scientists, in order to give for our young colleagues the opportunity to both present as well as discuss your scientific achievements and obtain high quality feedback from senior colleagues who deal with the same or similar issues. We welcome papers from young colleagues (younger than 34 years on 31/12/2018) from the field of regional science. The main emphasis is on high quality papers and presentations (in English only), which will be judged by an international conference committee. The best three papers will be awarded. For further information please see the website of 7th CERS Congress.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION Presentations of 20 minutes are welcomed. Abstracts (max. 500 words) should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. Early Bird Deadline 20/03/2019 (notification 01/04/2019) Regular Deadline 30/06/2019 (notification 20/07/2019) Late Deadline 01/09/2019 (notification 10/09/2019)
The Proceedings of 7th CERS Conference will be submitted to the Conference Proceedings Citation Index (Clariviate Web of Science). Full paper submission latest by 01/09/2019.
Balázs István Tóth, Head of the LOC; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed information about the conference can be found on https://www.cers2019sopron.com/.
University of Sopron; Hungarian Regional Science Association; Slovak and German speaking Sections of ERSA; University of Economics in Bratislava; Technical University of Košice.
We are looking forward to meeting you at 7th CERS Conference in Sopron.