Posted on: 23 September, 2019
Application deadline: October 11, 2019
2020 UACES Fieldwork Scholarships for PhD (or advanced postgraduate research) students, various locations
The UACES scholarships are travel bursaries of 1,500 GBP designed to support research students undertaking fieldwork abroad in an area of contemporary European Studies (broadly conceived).The fieldwork must occur between 1 February 2020 and 31 July 2020 (applications for trips outside of these dates will not be considered).
Applicants can be based anywhere in the world, and be undertaking fieldwork in any country.
There are two kinds of scholarship:
- UACES Scholarships x 4* (1,500 GBP each): Applicants can be working on any topic related to the study of contemporary Europe or the EU.
- UACES-James Madison Charitable Trust (JMCT) Scholarships x 2 (1,500 GBP each): Applicants’ research projects must incorporate the study of federal governance relating to Europe, broadly conceived.
* UACES is committed to improving the diversity of those applying for and being awarded scholarships. As such, one scholarship is reserved for a student applying for one of the above opportunities who is:
- From an ethnic minority background AND/OR;
- Is enrolled at a university outside of Europe and North America AND/OR;
- Is studying for a PhD in a discipline not traditionally associated with UACES (e.g. anthropology, cultural studies, philosophy)