Date and location
- May 17, 2016 - May 18, 2016
- Queen’s University Belfast, UK
Inaugural dinner and workshop ‘Exploring and identifying barriers to migrants’ opportunities in the labour market’ organised in association with the Trans-Atlantic Rural Research Network and hosted by Queen’s University Belfast.
Reception and dinner – Research & Enterprise, QUB (joint with TARRN network)
18th May Queen’s University Belfast
Seminar: Exploring and identifying barriers to migrants’ opportunities in the labour market: To what extent is migrants’ economic mobility inhibited by labour market structures and by workplace practices? And, are there missed opportunities for receiving economies if they are not maximizing contributions from migrant labour?
Venue: QUB (Senate Room)
9.30am Welcome and overview
9.45am Panel presentation
- Prof. Mike Woods, Aberystwyth University, UK
- Dr. Lise Nelson, Penn State, USA
- Dr. Philomena de Lima, University of Highlands and Islands, UK
- Dr. Ricard Morén-Alegret, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
- Dr. Ingrid Machold, Federal Institute for Less Favoured and Mountainous Areas, Austria
10.45 Panel Q&A
Places are limited and will be allocated at the discretion of the organisers. To reserve a place at the seminar please email Roslyn Barnes (firstname.lastname@example.org) with full contact details and include any special (dietary and access) requirements. Joining instructions will follow.