Date and location
- August 21, 2016 - August 25, 2016
- China National Convention Centre, Beijing, China
The Regional Studies Association Research Network on Financial Geography (FinGeo) is proud to announce the launch of its global seminar series. As part of the 33rd International Geographical Congress (IGC) of the International Geographical Union (IGU) to be held in Beijing, China, on 21-25 August 2016, a specialist session “Placing Finance in Urban and Regional Development” will be organised, in collaboration with the IGU “Dynamics of Economic Spaces” Commission (C08). We are seeking about 15 papers for this event – the first ever FinGeo Global Seminar!
FinGeo’s RSA Network Grant will sponsor a keynote speaker (details to follow). A limited number of bursaries will also be available for eligible (student/early career) RSA members. FinGeo Network will further sponsor a social event during the conference period for the seminar participants.
Please email abstracts of no more than 250 words to Fenghua Pan (email@example.com) for consideration by 15 February 2016.
Please see the attached Call for Papers for further information.
- Fenghua Pan (School of Geography, Beijing Normal University)
- Dariusz Wójcik (School of Geography and the Environment, University of Oxford)
- Simon Xiaobin Zhao (Department of Geography, the University of Hong Kong)
With the support of the Regional Studies Association Research Network on Financial Geography (FinGeo)