Date and location
- October 6, 2014 - October 9, 2014
- Committee of the Regions
The aim of the OPEN DAYS Master Class is to improve the understanding of the EU Cohesion Policy and its research potential among selected PhD students and early- career researchers. The Master Class was organised for the second time during the OPEN DAYS- The European Week of Regions and Cities in Brussels (6-9 October 2014).
In 2014, the Master Class had 30 PhD students/ECR (early career researchers), who have been selected based on the following criteria:
1) Studies' background and current position/field of research;
2) quality of the draft paper outline they submit;
3) other criteria such as geographical (one participant from each EU Member State and some non-EU participants) and gender balance in the Master Class 2014.
The full list of MC participants is available on the right-hand side under ‘Related documents’.
The ODU-MC is an annual event organised by the European Commission, the Committee of the Regions (CoR) and the Regional Studies Association (RSA).
The Master Class was modular in format and include the following:
– lecture format sessions;
– a ‘World Café’ session;
– networking sessions;
– attendance of other OPEN DAYS and OPEN DAYS University sessions;
– participation in social networking together with OPEN DAYS participants.
– Committee of the Regions;
– DG REGIO;
– Regional Studies Association.