Date and time
Regional affairs are negotiated and organized through diverse formal and informal mechanisms. Yet, there is only a limited understanding about how diverse stakeholders coordinate interests and policies in and across regional ‘spaces’. The Workshop on Infrastructure and the Governance of Regions will critically assess how water and energy infrastructure helps to produce regional governance structures. We will engage scholars whose work addresses questions regarding:
- Who is represented in decision-making about regional infrastructures?
- How are competing interests mediated?
- What values shape discourses and decisions related to infrastructure and its management?
- How are the changing dynamics of city-regions influencing the governance of regional infrastructures?
- What complexities can undermine/empower regional partnerships?
Determining how decisions on regional infrastructural governance are made will help us to explain their impact on local communities.
More details about this event and how to participate will be posted shortly.