Date and location
- October 20, 2016 - October 21, 2016
- Aix-Marseille Université, France
LEADERSHIP IN URBAN AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT
A Regional Studies International Research Network Seminar 2016 in association with IMPGT / CERGAM Aix-Marseille Université, France
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
LINKING URBAN & REGIONAL CITY LEADERSHIP : MAKING CONNECTIONS AND IDENTIFYING LEADERSHIP NEEDS
Thursday 20th October & Friday 21st October 2016
Deadline to submit your abstract – 1st July 2016
(Full papers are welcome but not required for this seminar)
Prof. Joyce Liddle (Aix-Marseille), Prof Markku Sotarauta (University of Tampere), Prof. Andrew Beer (University of South Australia), Dr John Gibney (University of Birmingham) – Also (Prof J Diamond, Dr O Potluka, Prof J Shutt, Prof I Horlings)
The seminar is one in a series convened since 2010 by members of RSA international research network on leadership in Urban and Regional Development. The aim is to bring together an international network of scholars, leader-practitioners and policy makers to critically reflect and share experiences on urban and regional city leadership. In particular we want to explore critical spatial connections and identify key leadership needs for transforming economic, social and environmental spaces.
To advance scholarship, knowledge transfer and learning we welcome abstracts on the following themes :
– Linkages / connections between urban & regional leadership
– Linkages / connections of international, European, national and sub-national leadership
– Examples of leading mega-projects across boundaries
– Knowledge creation, learning and innovative leadership
– Entrepreneurial urban and regional leadership
– Specific examples of sectoral leadership (cultural, health, economic development e.g)
– Leadership of local communities and linkages to wider policy domains
– Is leadership the missing ingredient in transformation ?
– New methodological, theoretical or conceptual understandings of urban and regional leadership
– Good practice examples of education and training for urban and regional leadership
– Mayoral or other forms of urban and regional leadership
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This seminar is open to all researchers, PhD students, practitioner-leaders and policy makers who are keen to share research and experiences. Space is limited, so priority will be given to RSA international research network members.
Submission of abstracts by e-mail to email@example.com
We invite potential participants to submit an abstract in English of 800 words or less by no later than 1st July 2016. Abstracts will be reviewed by seminar convenors and you will be advised of acceptance by mid-August 2016.
NB We have agreement from the editors of ‘Local Economy’ to select papers as contributions to a Special Edition: publication 2017
Registering for this seminar (venue & accommodation)
For registration and any other administrative queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There is NO COST/FEE for attending this seminar which will include teas/coffees, lunch and dinner. However, numbers are limited and participants will need to meet their own travel and accommodation costs.
Accommodation and Travel
Aix-en-Provence has many reasonable hotels within walking distance of the venue
(IMPGT, 21 rue Gaston de Saporta, Aix, 13100, France) – see map
And tourist website for available hotels : http://www.aixenprovencetourism.com/
Also many of the budget airlines fly into Marseille Provence airport (EasyJet, Ryanair, AirFrance lowcost, etc) and the number 40 Aeroport bus brings you directly into Aix-en-Provence Gare Routière (cost is € 16.00 return bus travel). The Gare Routière is within walking distance or a short bus ride to hotels and to the venue.