Lecturer, Communication Studies/Public Relations, University of Rhode Island, USA
Lecturer, Communication Studies/Public Relations at University of Rhode Island
The Department of Communication Studies and the Public Relations Program in the Harrington School of Communication and Media at the University of Rhode Island invite applications for a full-time lecturer position. This is a full-time, non-tenure-track position, limited to one academic year with possible extension.
The Harrington School of Communication and Media is a global leader in communication and media research and education. Administratively housed within the College of Arts and Sciences, the largest College at the University of Rhode Island, the Harrington School is home to programs in communication studies, film/media, journalism, library and information studies, public relations, and writing and rhetoric. The ideal candidate for this position will be an integral part of a community of 62 full-time faculty and will have the opportunity to teach and work with faculty and students in our new $6.8 million communication and media hub.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include a 4/4 teaching load, academic advising, and departmental service. Teaching responsibilities will include introductory and upper-level courses in public relations, event management, and communication studies, as well as the ability to develop and deliver courses in sports media, sports public relations, or sports advertising.
1. MA in Communication Studies, Public Relations, or related field.
2. Minimum three years college-level teaching experience or five years professional experience in public relations or closely related field.
3. Demonstrated ability to teach courses in Communication Studies and Public Relations.
4. Demonstrated strong oral communication skills.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
6. Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups/populations.
1. Ph. D. in Communication Studies, Public Relations, or related field.
2. Demonstrated experience teaching courses in sports media, sports public relations, or sports advertising.
3. Demonstrated experience working in sports media, sports public relations, or sports advertising.
4. Demonstrated evidence of teaching effectiveness.
5. Demonstrated ability to teach upper-division courses.
6. Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver courses in sports media, sports public relations, or sports advertising.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Required Documents: Please attach 3 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
1. Cover letter including a description of how your qualifications match the requirements for the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae or resume should include the names and contact information for three academic/professional references.
3. Evidence of teaching excellence, including teaching evaluations (as one complete document).
This is an open until filled search. First consideration will be given to applications received by February 26, 2018. Second consideration may be given to applications received by March 26, 2018. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (March 26, 2018) may not be given full consideration.
To be considered an applicant, you must apply on-line at https://jobs.uri.edu