Chair in Housing Policy, Economics and Planning, University of Hawaii
The University of Hawaii at Manoa invites applications for an endowed chair in Housing Policy, Economics and Planning. The position is a joint appointment in the Dept of Urban and Regional Planning (DURP) and the University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization (UHERO) in the Social Science Research Institute (SSRI) with tenure base in DURP, beginning August 1, 2018, contingent on position clearance and availability of funds. We are accepting applications at the Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor levels.
- As the Hawaii Community Reinvestment Corporation (HCRC) Chair in Affordable Housing, the faculty member will develop a research agenda in the area of housing policy, economics and planning with a focus on affordability.
- The faculty member will publish scholarly, peer-reviewed research in the areas of expertise;
- Seek extramural funding to support this research agenda;
- Deliver research results and policy implications to stakeholders, the broader community, policy makers and planners through targeted consultation and outreach consistent with the DURP and UHERO missions;
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses on housing economics, policy and planning in DURP;
- Supervise and mentor MA and PhD students; and
- Provide service to the department, research unit, and the university.
We will be conducting information sessions at the Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning conference in Denver, October 12-15, 2017. We will conduct interviews at the Annual meeting of the Allied Social Sciences Association in Philadelphia, January 5-7, 2018.
To apply: Visit http://uhero.hawaii.edu/168/ for the full job advertisement and application instructions.