OPEN DAYS 2013 University Sessions, Master Class and Poster Competition Sessions: RSA is the exclusive partner
The Regional Studies Association has been selected as the exclusive partner to DG Regio and the Committee of the Regions for the OPEN DAYS 2013. The RSA will be continuing to work with DG Regio and the Committee of the Regions in the design and content of the OPEN DAYS University Programme. Learn about the OPEN DAYS University Sessions in the Information Pack.
OPEN DAYS 2013 - UNIVERSITY MASTER CLASS
The Directorate-General for Regional & Urban Policy, European Commission, and the Regional Studies Association has this year invited postgraduates and early career researchers interested in European Cohesion Policy to apply for the Open Days Master Class.
The 11th OPEN DAYS – European Week of Regions and Cities will be held in Brussels, 7th-10th October 2013. Together with the EU institutions, more than 200 regions and cites will contribute to a programme of 100 seminars, workshops, debates, exhibitions and networking opportunities for around 6,000 participants. For the first time, the Open Days University will include a Master Class for postgraduate students and early career researchers to learn more about Cohesion Policy and meet senior policymakers and academics. The application process is competitive; at least two places are reserved for applicants from each of the 27 Member States and Croatia. A small number of non-EU participants (up to 15) can also participate. The successful applicants will have their return travel to Brussels and accommodation for up to two nights provided.
Aim of the OPEN DAYS University Master Class 2013
The aim of the ODU-MC is to improve understanding of EU Cohesion Policy and its research potential among European postgraduate students and early career researchers. Specifically, the objectives are:
• To present the latest developments in research on European regional and urban development and EU Cohesion Policy;
• To enable postgraduates and early career researchers (ECR) to exchange views with EU politicians, officials and senior academics in the field of European regional and urban development and policy;
• To help create networking links among postgraduates/ECR from different countries and with the wider EU policy and academic communities; and
• To raise awareness and understanding of the research potential in the field of EU Cohesion Policy.
Organisation of the OPEN DAYS 2013 Master Class
The OPEN DAYS 2013 University Master Class is being organised by the Regional Studies Association (RSA) together with the European Commission and the Committee of the Regions (CoR). The Master Class will run as part of the OPEN DAYS University Sessions and run over two half-day sessions. It is expected to include the following parts:
• Lecture format sessions. These sessions have restricted seating to ensure that all Master Class participants can attend but additional seating would be made available to other OPEN DAYS participants;
• A ‘World Café’ session, open only to Master Class participants;
• A closed networking session with Commissioner Hahn and other senior European institution officials (TBC);
• The Early Career Poster Competition;
• Attendance at a defined number of general OPEN DAYS and OPEN DAYS University sessions;
• Participation in the “100 EUrban solutions” exhibition evening;
The calls for participation at the Master Class and the Poster Competition are now closed.