European Week of Regions and Cities and Master Class Impressions
The 15th European Week of Regions and Cities gathered almost 6000 participants and over 800 speakers from all over Europe. 137 workshops, visits, and networking events took place to investigate how regions and cities can work for a better future in Europe. Watch the closing video here.
The RSA was a key partner in the European Week of Regions and Cities and we were coordinating the #EURegionsWeek 2017 University sessions and EU Cohesion Policy Master Class.
We were involved in the following University sessions:
- Barriers and potentials for growth and development in EU border regions
- Scientific collaboration in space. Up-to-date knowledge and policies
- Regional and urban leadership in an era of globalisation and de-globalisation
- The regional dimension of inequality: territorial responses in a rapidly changing economic environment
- Urban/ Living laboratories in research and policy: where the experimental city meets the participatory city
- In addition, we are also involved in the session:Community as change agents
The Master Class on EU Cohesion Policy was held for 30 PhD students and early-career researchers for the fifth time. The Master Class is a unique format to connect young researchers and will include presentations of papers by the participants as well as lectures and panel debates with policy makers, EU officials and senior academics to improve understanding of and research on EU Cohesion Policy. For more information click here.
The RSA also signed the Cohesion Alliance declaration. The #CohesionAlliance is a coalition of those who believe that EU cohesion policy must continue to be a pillar of the EU's future. The Alliance was created through cooperation between the leading European associations of cities and regions and the European Committee of the Regions. For more details click here.