Retired/Emeritus membership is for members who have retired from full-time work.
You can join the RSA by registering here (this link will take you to a different page).
Become a member and benefit from:
Networking and Community
- Reach a global audience of academics, policymakers and practitioners at RSA conferences and via our publications;
- International Territorial Networks - extend your networks via the RSA's International Divisions, Country Sections and UK-Sub National Branches;
- Search our Expert Register, available through our Members' Lounge;
- Join the RSA email network to receive the monthly E-Bulletin - all entries are moderated;
- Publish on or stay updated with the RSA Blog;
- Annual President's Event (high profile networking and awards dinner) - free to attend for members.
- Annual subscription of Regional Studies (both print and online);
- Annual subscription of Spatial Economic Analysis (both print and online);
- Annual subscription of Territory, Politics, Governance, (both print and online);
- Regional Studies, Regional Science (Open access journal, online);
- Annual subscription of Area Development and Policy (both print and online);
- Regions, the Association's online e-Zine.
RSA members have also online access to the following 16 subject related journals:
- Entrepreneurship & Regional Development
- International Planning Studies
- Policy Studies
- Planning Practice and Research
- Regional Insights
- Climate and Development
- Eurasian Geography and Economics
- Urban Policy and Research
- Journal of Urbanism: International Research on Placemaking and Urban Sustainability
- Environmental Politics
- Innovation and Development
- East European Politics
- Baltic Journal of Economics
- Development Studies Research
- Urban, Planning and Transport Research
- Apply for Research Funding:
- up to £7,500 for a Fellowship Research Grant;
- up to £10,000 of renewable Research Network funding to bring people together to discuss key questions in your area of interest;
- up to £15,000 for a Policy Expo Grant;
- Apply for conference bursaries taking the form of a free conference place at RSA conferences;
- Apply for a Travel Grant, which offers up to £500 towards travel costs.
- Present your work and network at our open and friendly conferences/events;
- Get actively involved with your Association - we welcome pro-active membership - to shape the field and to support innovation;
- Win one of a number of prizes awarded each year by the Association and take part in some of the judging;
- Nominate a candidate for the annual RSA Awards;
- Use of the post-nominal MeRSA or FeRSA following your family name;
- Apply to become an RSA Ambassador or Territorial Chair;
- Obtain discounted rates to RSA conferences;
- Reduced Article Processing Charge (APC) when publishing in the Open Access journal Regional Studies, Regional Science;
- 30% discount on books and e-books in the Association's Regions and Cities Series;
- 30% discount on all subject related Taylor and Francis Books including Routledge;
- 30% discount on all subject related Edward Elgar Publications books;
- 35% discount on selected subject related Wiley books;
- 35% discount on all books from Policy Press at the University of Bristol.
|Click here, to find the territorial Band for your country of residence.||BAND A||BAND B||BAND C||BAND D|
Our membership is now based on a rolling basis and is open to all. Those renewing their membership are eligible for a 10% discounted rate. Online payments by credit or debit cards are made in Sterling but if you would prefer to join over the phone or have any membership queries please contact us on +44 (0)1273 698 017 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can join the RSA by registering here (this link will take you to a different website).
Country Bands: Please select the country/Band you are currently living in. Please note: Data for China does not include Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region of China, Macao, unless otherwise noted.
Andorra; Australia; Austria; Bahamas; Bahrain; Belgium; Bermuda; Brunei; Darussalam; Canada; Cyprus; Denmark; Finland; France; Germany; Hong Kong, SAR, China; Iceland; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Japan; Korea, Rep.; Kuwait; Liechtenstein; Luxembourg; Macao, SAR, China; Malta; The Netherlands; New Zealand; Norway; Puerto Rico; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Singapore; Slovenia; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Trinidad & Tobago; United Arab Emirates; United Kingdom; United States
Antigua & Barbuda; Argentina; Barbados; Chile; Costa Rica; Croatia; Czech Republic; Equatorial Guinea; Estonia; Greece ; Hungary; Kazakhstan; Latvia; Lithuania; Oman; Palau; Panama; Poland; Portugal; Seychelles; Slovakia; St. Kitts & Nevis; Uruguay; Venezuela
Azerbaijan; Belarus; Botswana; Brazil; Bulgaria; China; Colombia; Cuba; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Gabon; Grenada; Iran, Islamic Reb.; Jamaica; Lebanon; Malaysia; Maldives; Mauritius; Mexico; Montenegro; Peru; Romania; Russia; Serbia; St. Lucia; Suriname; South Africa; Thailand; Turkey; Turkmenistan
Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Armenia; Bangladesh; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia & Herzegovina; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Congo, Dem. Rep.; Congo, Rep.; Cote d’Ivoire; Egypt, Arab Rep.; El Salvador; Ethiopia; Fiji; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iraq; Jordan; Kenya; Kiribati; Kosovo; Kyrgyz Republic; Liberia; Libya; Macedonia, FYR; Madagascar; Malawi; Mali; Moldova; Mongolia; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Paraguay; Philippines; Rwanda; Samoa; Senegal; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia ; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Swaziland; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tonga; Tunisia; Uganda; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Vietnam; West Bank & Gaza; Zambia; Zimbabwe
If your country/territory is not listed, please call us on +44 (0)1273 698 017 or email email@example.com and we will give you a quote.