RSA Membership Research Grant Scheme
In 2015, the Association launched a new research grant worth up to £5,000. This grant aims to reward excellence and support outstanding individual researchers on a topic related to regional studies and regional science. It is intended primarily to provide opportunities for scholars who have already published in the field of regional studies and/or regional science and who are currently individual members of the Regional Studies Association. The RSA Membership Research Grant is provided to support a discrete piece of regional studies and/or regional science research. The value of the award is up to £5,000 (or equivalent in dollars or euros). The award has a maximum time span of 18 months and reporting conditions apply.
The RSA Membership Research Grant operates a two stage application and assessment process. In the first round, applicants submit an expression of interest (see details in the handbook). Shortlisted applicants from the first round will then be asked to complete an application form and submit their full proposal as part of the final selection round.
The full Terms and Conditions governing the grant are available in the Membership Research Grant Handbook.
First selection round: Expression of Interest
The application process for the 2018 MeRSA grant is now closed.
Please send your applications to email@example.com
The Expression of Interest should include the following:
- Applicant information details: Title, name, surname; RSA membership number; postal address, telephone number and email for correspondence; name of Higher Education Institution (HEI); details of previously awarded RSA Grants (Early Career, Membership Research or/and Fellowship Research Grant)
- Title of the research project
- Timings of the research
- Summary including details of research and the advances it is hoped that it will make (Max 500 words)
- Brief overview of costs and budget
- 1-3 page CV
- MeRSA Handbook 2018 (pdf)
Previous and current grant holders
- James T. Murphy (May 2017)
- Andrea Morrison (May 2017)
- Xabier Gainza (May 2017)
- Carolyn Cartier (May 2016)
- Judit Kalman (May 2016)
- Yannis Psycharis (May 2016)
- Rüdiger Wink (October 2015)
- Luisa Corrado (October 2015)
- Elodie Fabre (October 2015)
- Raffaella Calabrese (May 2015)
- Sabine Dörry (May 2015)
- Etienne Nel (May 2015)